PLEASE: Give us more upload quota!

IPBSupport.de

Since two Weeks i can't upload more files to the tracker:

Used 9.72MB of your 9.77MB global upload quota (Max. single file size: 51.66K)

Used 1.77MB of your 4.88MB global upload quota (Max. single file size: 3.11MB)

For example - for a customer who reports many bugs (since years!) in the tracker, around 10MB upload quota is too low.

So i have to upload files to my own host, but when this files removed the tracker and/or forum view here on the company forums are broken, and i thought this is not the best solution. I know you have a lot of customers, but only a few of them would using a big upload quota, so it would be great to have a unlimited (or much bigger) upload quota, like we have in your IP.Gallery too :wink:

Its not that long ago that uploads / attachements were not permitted for non staff groups in the tracker at all. :)

What I used to do to save a load of time hosting it elsewhere then linking it was to simply setup a Gallery album (on here) for bug reports and just use that as you can link to the image.

What I used to do to save a load of time hosting it elsewhere then linking it was to simply setup a Gallery album (on here) for bug reports and just use that as you can link to the image.

Mh, good idea, in the gallery we have a unlimited upload quota. :D

But then IPS can set us a unlimited quota for the tracker also.

Sorry, but i do not want to invest even more time (after reporting bugs) to remove the attachments from every single tracker entry...

And also i can't delete the attachments without the possibility to edit my tracker entrys.

It should be easy to give us a unlimited upload quota (like gallery) so we still can upload attachments when reporting bugs FOR IPS.

Sorry, but i do not want to invest even more time (after reporting bugs) to remove the attachments from every single tracker entry...

And also i can't delete the attachments without the possibility to edit my tracker entrys.

It should be easy to give us a unlimited upload quota (like gallery) so we still can upload attachments when reporting bugs FOR IPS.

A request to add an attachment manager for the tracker (similar to the one for threads and pm's in the User CP) would be much more productive all around.

A request to add an attachment manager for the tracker (similar to the one for threads and pm's in the User CP)...

Of course - that's a good idea (and in my opinion, as the attachment manager show already the max upload quota, this should already be included), but the fact that IPS should (and can) give us more quota to post attachments on the tracker (to help finding bugs) is still present.

And again: I still not want to invest time to find tracker attachments that can be deleted. This is absolutely nonsense and not productive.

On the flipside, we can't be hosting 20GB of files containing information about bugs in our software 10 years ago. There's a balance.

Yeah, i understand this, but it's easier for YOU deleting all attachments from ALL (resolved) bugs after X month than for ME (and all other customers) deleting all attachments manually, if bugs fixed...

Thank you brandon, but still dont work ("This file was too big to upload").

Maybe THIS is the reason, there are many problems with the uploader on tracker (i wrote the same to you via messanger a few days ago).

Edit:

On the forum this work:

Used 1.77MB of your 19.53MB global upload quota (Max. single file size: 17.76MB)

But "1.77MB" is not the amount of my GLOBAL UPLOAD data, maybe the language string should become a update (global forum upload quota or something else).

Great, work now (even if the display of used disk space is still wrong):

Used 0bytes of your 19.53MB global upload quota (Max. single file size: Unlimited)

(show if you start a tracker entry)

Used 9.82MB of your 19.53MB global upload quota (Max. single file size: Unlimited)

(show if you have uploaded a file with the flash uploader)

• 5 months later...

Archived