Show All IP Addresses

Adriano Faria

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Show All IP Addresses

File Submitter: Adriano Faria

File Submitted: 24 Oct 2011

File Category: Moderation Tools

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.2.x, IP.Board 3.3.x, IP.Board 3.4.x

This hook will allow admins to view all IP addresses used by a member in his profile and ban those IPs on the same screen, from the forum side. This hook will only works for those who can access Admin CP and aren't restricted in MEMBER TOOLS (Can use the IP address tools?).

Links to IP Addresses list will appear on:

• profile page
  • personal card
  • online list

Note:
  • Version 1.0.1: IP.Board 3.2.X
  • Version 1.1.1: IP.Board 3.3.X

here to download this file

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I just upgraded to 3.3.4 and installed this hook for the first time but an having a problem with it I'm afraid. It's set for admins with no restrictions to the "Members" section to use it.

When some people click the "see full list" link to see the Online Users page, they get a totally blank white page. As admin, I can see it. Members and mods get the blank page. Guests either get the blank page or the "Oops" one. If I disable the hook, the blank page problem goes away.

I've also got another problem which I don't know if might be related or not. When viewing as a guest, the line at the bottom where it should say, eg: "42 members, 193 guests, 0 anonymous users", shows as "0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users"; it shows correctly to anyone logged in though. That still shows when the Show All IP Addresses hook is disabled so I suppose it's not related?

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I would like to hide IP addresses from users posts/threads.. i don't want mods would able to see it.. Is this hook is useful for me?

Hi. If you mean you don't want moderators to view IP Addresses on posts, this is regard for IP.Board itself, not this hook.

With this hook you can allow to use it only users who has access to Admin CP. Take a look on settings screenshot.

• 7 months later...

From description I assume that there should be one more group selection setting which gives the power to ban IP addresses. Now it is just if you can see it - you can ban it. Giving such power to new moderators seems a bit too risky. Just let them view IP addresses but do not give them power to ban them.

Should consider that for next version, no? :)

• 3 months later...

Archived