File Submitted: 23 Oct 2011

File Category: User and Social Engagement

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.2.x

File Information
Resource Type: Application
Version: 2.0 (20000)
Compatibility: IP.Board 3.2

Description
This application implements Mibbit or "PJIRC" in to your current forum layout. Most of the settings are controllable trough your ACP.

Mibbit vs PJIRC
Mibbit have been added as a recommended option to this new version. Mibbit is powered by AJAX, and is thus much quicker than the Java applet PJIRC uses. PJIRC is also very outdated, and haven't recieved an update in many years. New versions of Java will also flag the PJIRC applet as unthrusted/unsigned, which might scare your users.

Mibbit is ready to be used straight out of the box. How ever, if you have a custom skin with a different color scheme than the default IP.Board skin, you might want to change the colors used in Mibbit. To do this you'll have to go to their Widget Manager and create your own widget. This allows you to choose your own skin, or even customize it with your personal color scheme.
When you've signed up, you'll get a confirmation email from Mibbit. In this email you'll see your new "Settings ID", this ID will have to be placed instead of the existing ID in the iRC Chat settings.

here to download this file

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What may be causing
Fatal error: Call to a member function showMib Bit chat() on a non-object in /home/projects/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/ircChat/modules_public/chat/chat.php on line 143
?

(IPS, the joke with replacing mib bit chat by mib'Barneys Girlfriend'at is not cool)

What may be causing

Fatal error[color=#000000]: Call to a member function showMib Bit chat() on a non-object in [/color]/home/projects/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/ircChat/modules_public/chat/chat.php[color=#000000] on line [/color]143

?

(IPS, the joke with replacing mib bit chat by mib'Barneys Girlfriend'at is not cool)

The skin template doesn't exist. Either recache your skin, or rebuild master skin HTML for this application, and then recache it.
All of this is done in ACP > Look & Feel > Template Tools.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No, as stated in the settings you only need your own API key if you want a different design.

Some IRC networks require that you use a special server if you're connecting to it from a web service. Let me know what server you're trying to use, and I'll see what I can do for you.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Good idea, but there are few problems which don't allow me to use it. First and main problem is not fully integration with IPS. Member can choose any nickname. Short nicknames will be changed by the server. And no any display on the chat tab how many users are currently inside.

I can recommend author to use another IRC-chat script - LightIRC. It looks and works much better.

Archived