Download: (Pav32) Pastebin

Pavulon87

File Name: (Pav32) Pastebin
File Submitter: Pavulon87
File Submitted: 20 Oct 2011
File Updated: 02 Jan 2012
File Category: Applications

This application allows you to store and share code.
Instead of pasting a lot of code from another website you can do that with this application and share just a link.
Highlighting of syntax is possible due to external, a free, constantly being developed script with many coloring schemes.

Also availble on: http://forum.invisio...pav32-pastebin/

Click here to download this file

Awesome mod!

Suggestion though, have the main application page show a list of recent pastes, then have an 'Add Paste' button on that page to make new pastes. Another suggestion would be to allow editing of the paste.

2 Bugs:
Despite changing the syntax highlighting, the combobox remains on the orginally chosen syntax highlighting.
When changing the highlighting to text I got PHP errors which flashed up and disappeared. I see if I can grab them before they disappear.

1. Ok, I have to fix that combobox.
2. It's could be a error about deprecated is_a() function. What is your PHP version? It occurs from version 5.0 to 5.3

Version Description

5.3.0 This function is no longer deprecated, and will therefore no longer throw E_STRICT warnings.

5.0.0 This function became deprecated in favour of the instanceof operator. Calling this function will result in an E_STRICT warning.

I think that, I could add your suggestions in a new version, whenever I have free time

Yes that is the error. Also, on the settings page, it would be good to have a list to select which usergroups can access pastebin because there isn't really a clear setting in usergroups to turn off their access other than setting the paste size to 0kb. Just had guests posting spam pastes :tongue:

Yes that is the error.

The error should not be visible in the next version I work on:
post-267999-0-84978300-1319371207_thumb.
But I do not see the edition of the pastes, because they can cause more problems than benefits.

Also, on the settings page, it would be good to have a list to select which usergroups can access pastebin because there isn't really a clear setting in usergroups to turn off their access other than setting the paste size to 0kb. Just had guests posting spam pastes :tongue:

Ok, I can add this option.

Just some ideas to think about if you want to further improve this mod.

- Show your paste size limit (e.g 100kb) on the 'Add Paste' page.
- Maybe not allow single character pastes.
- Mod/Admin Approval/Un-Approval
- Move the 'Text'/'Download' buttons to under the change syntax (or even on the same line), Just seems weird that the buttons are after that text on a left.
- Paste views(could go on the right side of the pastebin front page to fill that space) or download statistics.
- Paste title search.

Enjoy :)

• 1 month later...

Found some problems related to the removal of the app.

Posts with pastes in them cause DB Driver errors if the app is not install. You cannot view that topic.
After uninstalling then reinstalling, attempting to uninstall again causes a DB error and application is not fully removed.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is probably a bug in field "Raw PHP code to eval before showing and saving?"
IPS decided to change $this->settings into ipsRegistry::$setting and after that function eval() return errors.
At this moment you could try to open:

admin/sources/base/core.php[/CODE]

find:

[CODE]$data['conf_evalphp'] = str_replace( '$this->settings', 'ipsRegistry::$settings', $data['conf_evalphp'] );

and change to:

//$data['conf_evalphp'] = str_replace( '$this->settings', 'ipsRegistry::$settings', $data['conf_evalphp'] );[/code]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

it would be awesome to have a bbcode that would write the code into db and show it on topics instead of having to go in the app itself. maybe passing more then one par for all the options in pastebin or at least the type of pastebin only. just an idea

e.g.: [pastebin, .VB] content[/pastebin]

reason for this is that

bbcode from IPB sucks and its not formatted well
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Just curious if this works on ipb 3.4.x?

Considering it had problems with 3.3.x, It will most likely have problems with 3.4.x. I could be wrong though.

Anyone know if this has scrolling? If the paste is too large I wouldn't want this, but if it scrolls, size wouldn't matter.

• 6 months later...

Archived