Suggestion: View content of warning notes

JAnneWnuk

According to the tech over on the Support Forum, there is no way to view the content of warn notes once they are sent to forum users. While there is a record of when and who sent a warn note, there is no way to view what was actually *said* to the user.

In our previous forum software, we found it imperative to be able to go back and view what we actually said to a given forum user. I would like to strongly suggest making a way to view the content of those warn notes. It's nice to know when and who sent them, but the content is far more important, IMHO.

Thanks!

Agreed.
I am also struggling to find a way to track what has been said to whom by whom. I have 7 volunteer moderators so, it's some work to keep them all on the same page

My strong preference would be
Anytime a personal message is sent via the warn panel, it is recorded and viewable to all mods.

Agreed.

I am also struggling to find a way to track what has been said to whom by whom. I have 7 volunteer moderators so, it's some work to keep them all on the same page

My strong preference would be

Anytime a personal message is sent via the warn panel, it is recorded and viewable to all mods.

Well, permission to view based on the origin of the reported content that is being acted upon, at least.

I thought this was viewable in the ACP??

But yeah, I agree it'd be nice if all mods could view them. Right now in the member management of the modcp we have warn logs. I think it'd be nice if the sent PMs/Emails were merged into this.

• 6 months later...

I'm back to renew my request for this feature. It is becoming increasingly problematic for us that we are unable to view a history of warn notes for any given forum user. I need to be able to know what members of my moderator team have messaged to our users by way of a warn note. To my knowledge, there is no way to view this information in the ACP.

I'm back to renew my request for this feature. It is becoming increasingly problematic for us that we are unable to view a history of warn notes for any given forum user. I need to be able to know what members of my moderator team have messaged to our users by way of a warn note. To my knowledge, there is no way to view this information in the ACP.

Hello.

The changes in 3.3 now make it possible to see what was said to the member in the member's warn page. However, PMing members during warning has actually been removed. Old PMs are now marked as warn notes and there is also the option to add moderator only notes per warn.

Archived