A little question- Why doesn't InvisionPower accept eChecks?

Alexander V

Well, who knows the answer? I for one have a bank account but never had and never been interested in a credit card (the whole concept is just wrong imho).

Waiting 6 days for Paypal to (hopefully) process the payment is frankly annoying and I don't see why it's needed.

If someone simply bounces the check, you can cancel the license and hand the user a nice account ban and it's a useless fraud.

You could argue they would get to download your products first- but let's face it, if we're going illegal, a single Google query will get you the full IPB Suite nulled.

So, who has the answer gentlemen? :)

I imagine if it bounces, we get charged.

But also, it's a lot of hassle for something that rarely comes up - out of interest, where are you based? Here in the UK, PayPal offers Instant Bank Transfers, and all banks issue debit cards with their accounts. I don't think I've heard anyone mention eChecks for years :tongue:

I imagine if it bounces, we get charged.

But also, it's a lot of hassle for something that rarely comes up - out of interest, where are you based? Here in the UK, PayPal offers Instant Bank Transfers, and all banks issue debit cards with their accounts. I don't think I've heard anyone mention eChecks for years :tongue:

Actually, nope. The charging is done on withdrawal and/or arrival I recall. It can be fully automated thanks to PayPal's API too.

The Netherlands, we do not receive free debit cards for the standard packet and PayPal despite being connected to my bank account and a MyWireCard is insisting on using eChecks for god knows what reason. :P

It can be automated and put into the suite- new feature for IP.Nexus and easier payment on InvisionPower.

Win win situation? :)

Those things are quite random, Approx 1 out of 100 transfers from paypal are send as eChecks, the rest are instant.

Not entirely true, I have had this problem with my original purchase of the IPB software too. If it'd be 1/100, the chance of this happening would have been just 1/100*1/100 which is, if I am not mistaken, 0.0001% :)

• Management

We used to allow eChecks at one point. They were always a hassle, to be honest. They can take forever to be approved, meanwhile clients write in with "I submitted payment, but my account got suspended anyway" (payment hasn't cleared) - "when is my order going to be approved?" (when it's cleared.) From my experience, many who use eChecks don't truly understand how they work. It leads to increased confusion and frustration on the client's part. That's not to even mention the fraud factor. As far as I know, we've had less than a handful of eCheck requests in the past 12 months - I'm not sure they're a popular form of payment these days with rampant debit card use, reward based credit cards, etc. Incorporating it into Nexus is something that could be suggested as a feature request to the developer, but it's unlikely we (IPS) would use it on invisionpower.com, again, based on previous experiences.

Thank you for the suggestion though and I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

We used to allow eChecks at one point. They were always a hassle, to be honest. They can take forever to be approved, meanwhile clients write in with "I submitted payment, but my account got suspended anyway" (payment hasn't cleared) - "when is my order going to be approved?" (when it's cleared.) From my experience, many who use eChecks don't truly understand how they work. It leads to increased confusion and frustration on the client's part. That's not to even mention the fraud factor. As far as I know, we've had less than a handful of eCheck requests in the past 12 months - I'm not sure they're a popular form of payment these days with rampant debit card use, reward based credit cards, etc. Incorporating it into Nexus is something that could be suggested as a feature request to the developer, but it's unlikely we (IPS) would use it on invisionpower.com, again, based on previous experiences.

Thank you for the suggestion though and I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Even though I may not fully agree with it- I do understand now.

Archived