Group Enhancements Requests

Songstuff

I would like to request the ability to create and manage group profile pages and some enhance group abilities

group profile pages would have:

An optional group gallery, group blog, group calendar and group forum etc

Options to have various hooks within the group page sidebar

groups selectable for PM purposesgroup

rss feed

Admin should be able to appoint a group moderator

Great suggestions!

There is a paid mod in the marketplace for social groups. It doesn't offer all your suggestions, but it's something.

Another option might be to use IP.Converge with Joomla and JomSocial installed. Not sure how to work out linking the profiles, etc. But JomSocial has a lot of social group options similar to what you have listed.

um, even with all the other official apps (which I do have) you don't have this kind of group functionality... ie there is no group page, let alone the app hooks for that page. You can create (or at least fudge) group calendars, forums and blogs, but there is no group centric way to view this. There is no group messaging unless you enter the members of the group individually. Group RSS you get with the group forum.... but what I would like is the ability to create all that in one place when you create the group.

Invision is not really member centric, although it is moving that way. An extension of that is to be group centric.

:P ;)

• 5 months later...

Invision is not really member centric, although it is moving that way. An extension of that is to be group centric.

I agree. I would like to see something like you suggested. It would be invaluable for our current project.

It seems like most of the forum platforms lack real consistancy with integrating all their apps/addons into the community as a whole. Each one is always separate with a few links here and there for integration but not total integration at all. They always look and feel separate.

Utilizing groups like jomsocial does (but all apps/addons) would be a major improvement to any of these forum platforms. It would make use of all apps into individual groups for a more useful experience throughout the entire community, IMHO. The biggest one that's always left feeling separate, is the calendar (example).

Archived