Calendar - Profile View

Songstuff

I would like to have my forum more user profile and group centric so that:

Member entered events show up in their profile

Members access and event management is entered via their profile settings

Selected calendars can be used within the profile sidebar including the global calendar, their events within the global calendar and events from other admin created calendar.

Members should be able to have an RSS feed of their events.

Admin should be able to enable or disable calendar in profile

Admin should be able to choose if admin submitted events show on calendars by member group or not

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Having member submitted events show up in the profile is an excellent feature suggestion! All content belonging to the member should be easier found. Although, clicking "find content" brings it up. It still should show in the profile.

I'd like to see this added. If a business profile is viewed, it would be nice to see their events from their profile...instead of leafing through the calendars to find them.

• 1 month later...

To expand on this idea, I wonder if we could allow each user to create their own calendar. The calendar is an app. It would be fantastic if users could have their own calendars. They could tie their calendar of events into their profiles, into their blog as a block feed, into third party apps (social groups comes to mind), etc. Hmmmm....

To expand on this idea, I wonder if we could allow each user to create their own calendar. The calendar is an app. It would be fantastic if users could have their own calendars. They could tie their calendar of events into their profiles, into their blog as a block feed, into third party apps (social groups comes to mind), etc. Hmmmm....

a simple profile tab for calendar would be the start and long overdue

then by making use of the "make event private" the framework is already there for a personal agenda type calendar aspect
"private events" could be used by members for own appointments, reminders etc
all that its should take would be a bit of rewording and layout changes to refine better

for public events - again if added a profile tab you could easily show events submitted by member

all needed is a profile tab and a few display choices knocked up

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic ideas MikeSound!

The calendars included in forum platforms have been almost the same for too long. They are often overlooked, sadly.

IPB has already added some great features to help make the calendars more feasible. Now if only we could get the calendar to work harder for end users to utilize better on a more personal level and be more visible. Right now it's still quite hidden.

End users want their friends to notice their events. Businesses want their events to be more visible.

• 1 year later...

Archived