3.2 ppgrade less user friendly

AshieF73

I have to be honest, after using it for a few weeks now I am really not liking the new 3.2 software. The HTML posting box is awful, posts come out nothing like they are intended. Not displaying the thread starter name in its own column on the forum index is unhelpful, but I assume was created with this forum in mind, rather than smaller communities where users look out for threads from certain individuals.

Not being able to go to message inbox when clicking the message icon is also getting a lot of complaints.

I appear to be alone in thinking the upgrade is a backwards step, from what was previously a good community forum platform?

I appear to be alone in thinking the upgrade is a backwards step, from what was previously a good community forum platform?

You're not alone. You're just apparently in the minority when compared to the thousands of customers that don't post in this forum. Therefore, nobody really cares.

I have been using IPB since version 1.0 (about 8 years).
This upgrade has gotten the most comments from my users of any upgrade so far. And, they are all positive.
My users think it is well thought out, easy to use and real improvement on the previous version.

Even with that I am sure it can be improved on - and the IPB staff will continue to make it even better.

Not displaying the thread starter name in its own column on the forum index is unhelpful, but I assume was created with this forum in mind, rather than smaller communities where users look out for threads from certain individuals.

Not being able to go to message inbox when clicking the message icon is also getting a lot of complaints.

you should be able to change both of these with skin edits.

Archived