Tranfsering Licence from IBR to IPS?

khomya

Hi!

I am a customer of IBR (ibresource.ru).
I am paying for IP.Board for several years...

Now, i want to transfer my license to IPS.
And my friends told me that its possible.

But what will happen to my Plugins and Hooks that i also bought via IBR?
There are several plugins for more than 100 dollars. I don`t want to buy them once again.

Please - tell me, can you transfer to IPS info about license and plugins altogether?

um your license is at IPB allredy but i think IBR is ussing a remote plugin so when you have bought a license from them it adds you to owner of license on their WHMCS or w.e billing system they use, but when you submit changes to license trough their WHMCS it updates license key on their customer IPB user, since they maybe have some pre-paid license which they then sell to people or something like that i guess

It may be best to ask at IBR what the situation is, as you purchased from them if I understand you correctly. :smile: , if you wanted to you could just email the accounts department here at accounts@invisionpower.com and ask what the situation is regarding a purchase from IBR and how it effects access here.

WHM is usually a tool for selling cpanel hosting packages, amongst other things.

um AndyF i mean WHMCS not WHM xD WHMCS can do all sorts of things sell domains, vps, dedicated servers, web hosting, resellers and more but i think IBR has got plugin for WHMCS that functions to allow their customers remotely change license settings trough their WHMCS without them needing to give their IPB customer login details to them you know?

also i just checked their site and they dont use WHMCS so they are using some other php script todo this kind of stuff

um AndyF i mean WHMCS not WHM xD WHMCS can do all sorts of things sell domains, vps, dedicated servers, web hosting, resellers and more but i think IBR has got plugin for WHMCS that functions to allow their customers remotely change license settings trough their WHMCS without them needing to give their IPB customer login details to them you know?

also i just checked their site and they dont use WHMCS so they are using some other php script todo this kind of stuff

Jake, IBResource is a reseller. There are very few of these left from what I recall, but basically they don't do any of what you said. The way they do things is completely different, legit, and official. I'd strongly suggest looking up the history of these things next time so that you get a better understanding of what's going on.

Archived