Mobile skin needs some improvement

Adriano Faria

Tapa(something) is from IPS?

Now to use the minimum resources do I need to install another (what) skin?

Saying this is the same of IPS remove moderation tools from default skin and now we need to use 3rd party add-on or skins to make basic things! No, thank you.

Why IPS made Mobile skin in first place?

EDIT: hahahahah... Surprise, IT'S NOT FREE!

NO, thank you.

Tapa(something) is from IPS?

Now to use the minimum resources do I need to install another (what) skin?

Saying this is the same of IPS remove moderation tools from default skin and now we need to use 3rd party add-on or skins to make basic things! No, thank you.

Why IPS made Mobile skin in first place?

To EVENTUALLY do exactly what you state?
Its in progress(the app end)
But very frankly, from my own xp with the skinchooser in IPC wrapperless, every single action needs recoding for mobile use...the markup used in normal skins is worthless on mobile... unusable.
Thats a lot.

If you need full actions on mobile, use the full skin, the mobile skin is designed to be light and efficient, which it is and works well.

not to hijack the topic...
But IPC... does NOT inherit this light/efficient design... at ALL.... in fact to be frank, the way the default IPC database templates look in mobile skin is sickening.
http://community.inv...-mobile-iftest/

I really love those useless replies... funny now that it came from someone from IPS.

Efficient? You gotta be kidding, right? I' tired of have to open a page in Safari 'cause this APP is a "read-only" APP.

Is this a SUGGESTION forum or what?

You probably don't know the meaning of efficiency.

While my own frustration with the mobile skin is also near-boiling.... Was that outburst really truly necessary?
At very least the wording need not be so completely hostile.

The mobile skin is designed to provide efficient use for its users. It is intentionally designed to be minimal to provide quick and easy navigation of your community. While IPS might consider it in the future, IMO a mobile skin is not intended to be used as a moderation or administration tool. I suggest you click the "Full Version" link available at the bottom of the mobile skin if you're determined to use those features.

While there are certainly some useful tweaks that could be made (e.g. page numbers) and some bugs that need attention (gallery albums do not display at all, for example), for the most part I think the mobile skin does its job very well. It is fast and clear and enables you to easily read and post on the move. I use it frequently and I appreciate its speed and simplicity.

That said, I would find the addition of some simple moderation tools (such as deleting posts) beneficial. But the mobile skin was only introduced in 3.1 and as such is still maturing. Perhaps we will see these features added in a future version. For now though I'm very happy with the mobile skin as it stands.

The new mobile skin is definitely a highlight of 3.2, but there's no reason it couldn't be expanded. You can't see replies to status messages, there's no way to distinguish posts that are in the mod queue (c'mon, all that needs is a quick template edit, surely), I'm sure there's more.

Feedback is good guys... useless ranting is not... keep it calm and constructive and you will gain much more in the end. :)

If you have a complaint or an issue, come up with a idea/solution that meets your needs... it will be much better received I'm sure. :)

Feedback is good guys... useless ranting is not... keep it calm and constructive and you will gain much more in the end. :smile:

If you have a complaint or an issue, come up with a idea/solution that meets your needs... it will be much better received I'm sure. :smile:

Constructive Feedback... IPC is a mess in IP.Mobile... a layer of regex custom to "catch" mobile users and remove undesired elements is utterly unideal(especially as you have to be in raw php mode or regex breaks), WE NEED stock IPC Mobile Templates, and the ability to use them on a per-page and per-database/category level.

I'm using 3.2.2 and I can't do anything except read and creare topics and reply to them.

There's no moderation tool at all and I can't even delete PMs, notifications, topic and PM pagination, etc.

I found they had the delete button commented out in the mobile skin template "show conversation" I uncommented it and it works

I found they had the delete button commented out in the mobile skin template "show conversation" I uncommented it and it works

On my 3.1.4 forum users would complain cuz they accidentally deleted themselves from a convo on a mobile skin. Maybe that's why it's commented out.

• 4 weeks later...

It would be very very helpful to me and my mod team if the moderation functionality all worked in mobile.
Even when I use the full rather than the mobile skin
I can see, but not comment on reported content.
Also when I send a warning message via the report center while in my phone........the message is not delivered.
I can edit content, which is helpful. I can suspend, also helpful.
Also, for some reason, I can mark a report as under review by clicking on the flag but NOT the CURRENT STATUS button inside the report.

That is all I know so far. I hope that the ability to comment on a report and send a message to a user via the warn panel is something others feel is important enough to enable.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived