Users Forum Posts in My Media Button

cheresources

That would seem unwieldly on larger sites to me. I have thousands of posts - flipping through all of them 20 at a time would be pointless to me, as I'd never find what I was looking for.

I agree. Instead I would suggest "macros". The lithium forum software had this. Basically users could save about 5-10 blocks if text and they could use a dropdown to quickly retrieve it and repost. For example people would use it to post informational welcome messages for new users or store the coding for their favorite font style. Others used it to post reaction images. It's a very convenient system for the end user and I'd like to think very easy to incorporate within the my media function if it's expandable(is it?)

That would seem unwieldly on larger sites to me. I have thousands of posts - flipping through all of them 20 at a time would be pointless to me, as I'd never find what I was looking for.

it would... but egads, a type-ahead of some kind would be sublime... you very likely have an idea of how cumber-some having to hit one's own profile to "find" a topic to link so as to not have to re-type an answer is.

Yes, even if you could search for your own topics from within the "My Media" button while composing a new topic....that would indeed be nice. Versus, new tab or browser window...go find my post I want to reference, grab the link.

A type-ahead? For forum posts? I'm assuming you have no idea how much that would cripple a site with 10 million posts.

yes... i do, twas an example... i would actually prefer a straight inline search (no type-ahead), as yes, that could and would amount to a massive strain.

Archived