Enabling CK Editor Features

cheresources

I want to post a link to a discussion in hopes that one of the developers will take this on:

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/344798-just-want-to-add-tables-to-ckeditor

We've got a full featured editor available in IPB....but we'd like to be able to enable some advanced features while keeping the IPB modifications.

Anyone solved this yet? Anyone willing to take this on? You can see what we've done and I think that we're close. We just need some help getting over the hump.

Thanks,

Chris

• Management

it's insanely easy to add in the more advanced features of CKEditor such as table in terms of adding the button into the toolbar and have it work. The issue is that we don't have any [table] BBCode so any formatting would just be stripped when you save.

it's insanely easy to add in the more advanced features of CKEditor such as table in terms of adding the button into the toolbar and have it work. The issue is that we don't have any [table] BBCode so any formatting would just be stripped when you save.

then... isnt it about time to be catching par WITH the FULL CKE rather than being limited by default bbcode selection?

Well, to do that we'd need to eliminate BBCode completely and just deal with cleaned HTML. I don't think most are ready to remove BBCode tags completely.

.... No you Have it off...
Im Saying you Need To have the Default bbcodes Actually on par with the cke... and a FULLY Enabled one at that.
Not kill them.
AFAIK this would also help the Switch Enabling/disabling "Full" mode(EG letting us use bbcodes there..
Is this related to Custom ACP bbcodes?

Personally, I don't see a need for a lot of CKEditor's functionality when making a post. But regardless, it's a lot of work to just add them in. It's not something that we can do in a few hours.

I can tell you there are a lot of large communities out there that really enjoy the ckeditors functionality in posts. Especially the image properties, source button, insert video and tables. We offered our community choice of two editors. 1 being a bbcode system and then a semi-full Ckeditor version. I was surprised how many switched went back to the CKeditor. People seem to prefer the WYSIWYG interface.

I'm not totally disgruntle with this setup except for the lack of image property control. My small community shared 15,000 images within the past two years so I know this feature is going to be missed.

It would be nice if some html could be used..including tables. Ok, so I do miss the full version. Doesn't the Ckeditor editor have an option to parse the scarey stuff out so it's not even such a html safety issue as bbcode vs. html?

I can tell you there are a lot of large communities out there that really enjoy the ckeditors functionality in posts. Especially the image properties, source button, insert video and tables. We offered our community choice of two editors. 1 being a bbcode system and then a semi-full Ckeditor version. I was surprised how many switched went back to the CKeditor. People seem to prefer the WYSIWYG interface.

I'm not totally disgruntle with this setup except for the lack of image property control. My small community shared 15,000 images within the past two years so I know this feature is going to be missed.

It would be nice if some html could be used..including tables. Ok, so I do miss the full version. Doesn't the Ckeditor editor have an option to parse the scarey stuff out so it's not even such a html safety issue as bbcode vs. html?

Along the same lines.
Its a CKE stripped to near-minimal.
Its the disgruntled, half-functional evil twin of the CKE.
No Doubt... Its a Lot of Work... but do tell.
We have a "NEW Upgraded editor".
So why are we Stuck with only the retired editors options+w/e you decided was "used" enough to code in?

Well, to do that we'd need to eliminate BBCode completely and just deal with cleaned HTML. I don't think most are ready to remove BBCode tags completely.

Matt,

I'm not sure I understand this part. I use CSS to style tables inserted with HTML in IP.Content. Wouldn't the CKEditor just generate the HTML for me? I can style the table via CSS. I tend to work more in HTML mode, so if I can activate tables and have it work.....please tell me how. Did you see my topic in the first post? What am I missing?

Archived