Download: IPContent Pages Primary Navigation Management

Marcher Technologies

File Name: IPContent Pages Primary Navigation Management
File Submitter: Marcher Technologies
File Submitted: 19 Sep 2011
File Updated: 23 Jan 2012
File Category: IP.Content

This hook will Allow You To add pages Links to your primary navigation, both before and after the normal Application tabs.
When on the page, the menu item will be properly "active".
You can choose a sort order, field, and pages for both before and after separately... as well as disabling/enabling each separately.
You may select ANY non-js/css page to show, and Page Group permissions will be HONORED appropriately automatically.

Click here to download this file

Hi -

This sounds interesting! I currently am using ipcontent in a development environment where only select users can see it.

I have ipbwrapper enabled for our ipcontent pages and we use Fusion Menu so the ipb default primary navigation is disabled.

I want our primary navigation for the ipcontent pages to ONLY show the ipcontent pages I have created.

Would this application allow that?

Thanks,

Brian

Hi -

This sounds interesting! I currently am using ipcontent in a development environment where only select users can see it.

I have ipbwrapper enabled for our ipcontent pages and we use Fusion Menu so the ipb default primary navigation is disabled.

I want our primary navigation for the ipcontent pages to ONLY show the ipcontent pages I have created.

Would this application allow that?

Thanks,

Brian

You choose what links are displayed, and which side of the "navigation" as long as the iftest is there... this "Should" work... im going to have to test on my own install with fusion Erasing the primary nav... but as im hooking in before the home url iftest, and after the end of the applications tabs foreach loop... it shouldnt kill it.
Oh... and i coded in permissions checks with this last update... will be hitting the "other" file shortly...

You choose what links are displayed, and which side of the "navigation" as long as the iftest is there... this "Should" work... im going to have to test on my own install with fusion Erasing the primary nav... but as im hooking in before the home url iftest, and after the end of the applications tabs foreach loop... it shouldnt kill it.

Oh... and i coded in permissions checks with this last update... will be hitting the "other" file shortly...

It just occurred to me that I'm asking for my cake and eat it too, I think ... because the Fusion Menu shows the primary nav that I DO NOT want on the IP content page but if I turn off the Fusion menu, then it is shut off for the forums which of course I need, so then the real question is how can we feature your primary navigation hook and somehow disable the fusion menu for ip content?

It just occurred to me that I'm asking for my cake and eat it too, I think ... because the Fusion Menu shows the primary nav that I DO NOT want on the IP content page but if I turn off the Fusion menu, then it is shut off for the forums which of course I need, so then the real question is how can we feature your primary navigation hook and somehow disable the fusion menu for ip content?

id have to look at it locally... itd likely amount to adding a quick check to one of his hooks(either the eraser, or the add, or both) for the app being ccs, if it is do nothing, else do its usual, then should be doable
... pm me.

Nice job dude .. a great replacement for those looking for a light weight way to add in their pages to the main navigation w/o running fusion menu .. in fact I believe it works better as you have the active tabs setup properly for multiple IPC pages ... something fusion never managed to accomplish

yeah... trick is the ccsFunctions is... NEEDED no matter which way you slice it... to generate the proper dynamic links and to correctly show active sans any JS(though im using some bits from my own query to help in certain places).

umm... this should NOT show a bar at all... it ADDS tabs to the normal navigation in specific areas... why are you seeing bars?

I was wrong I thought that hook gives another menu below primary menu like here http://www.marchertech.com/board/ (yesterday I saw there blue bar, now there is grey bar) :D

I am about to add this hook in to help tie my IP.content pages into the rest of my navigation. Can this do drop down menus or anything? I notice that when the forums are displayed in a smaller size (like on my ipad) I automatically get a drop down for some of the links. Any way to make that happen manually?

Wow marcher, nice job on this one! Should definitely be a default feature.

I have a question, how does it take pages within folders?

As an application tab, same as pages without.

I am about to add this hook in to help tie my IP.content pages into the rest of my navigation. Can this do drop down menus or anything? I notice that when the forums are displayed in a smaller size (like on my ipad) I automatically get a drop down for some of the links. Any way to make that happen manually?

While using this to add to the primary navigation will allow use of THAT, i did not design it to be a drop-down, IMHO IPB has quite enough JS on-page, and i wanted this to be lightweight.

Hey,
This helped me out extremely much,
But i have 1 problem.
I had all the pages set up correctly, and sorted it by page ID.
Now i created a other page but the page had to be left to the last page (like -menu-menu-menu-NEWPAGE-menu)
In order to do that i deleted the last page, made the new page and remade the old page.
But i now have a problem: the remade page wont show up.
I have no idea why it doesnt show up.
Its a page with permissions, but that wasnt a problem when i first added the page.

I hope you have a idea what this is and i hope you can understand my complicated(?) writing.

Thank you

Hey,

This helped me out extremely much,

But i have 1 problem.

I had all the pages set up correctly, and sorted it by page ID.

Now i created a other page but the page had to be left to the last page (like -menu-menu-menu-NEWPAGE-menu)

In order to do that i deleted the last page, made the new page and remade the old page.

But i now have a problem: the remade page wont show up.

I have no idea why it doesnt show up.

Its a page with permissions, but that wasnt a problem when i first added the page.

I hope you have a idea what this is and i hope you can understand my complicated(?) writing.

Thank you

hit the settings for this hook again, its pulling the page id, page seo name(url) and page folder to generate the link, yove changed the id, so it needs reselection.

I cant seem to add anything anymore,

Even if i make new pages. I now set the ordering to by pagename and renamed my pages to 1pagename 2pagename 3pagename etc.

The old pages are showing but i cant let it show a new page. hmm very strange.

What setting do i need to change? or do i need to recage something?

www.greenlabeltactical.com

hrmm....
ACP->System Settings->MT->CCS Primary Navigation Management should be what needs a twitch... if saving that with the new pages doesnt work... i may have to investigate locally....
More menu appearing? i know this is a custom skin.

Archived