Wasteful click?

broni

Never really thought of it, but that is indeed a wasteful click. As moderators will be the only people to ever see that area anyway, I don't see the harm in making it "expanded" by default. It doesn't take up any more space that way than it does "rolled up". I personally find myself using the topic moderation options far more often than the post moderation ones.

The simple answers? There is no purpose and there is functionality.

This seems to be yet another of the "I re-coded it because I can" changes foisted upon the customers. But for every customer who voices their dissatisfaction about purposeless changes, we have Brandon to remind us we are wrong.

The simple answers? There is no purpose and there is functionality.

This seems to be yet another of the "I re-coded it because I can" changes foisted upon the customers. But for every customer who voices their dissatisfaction about purposeless changes, we have Brandon to remind us we are wrong.

Pardon me? I'm afraid you must be mistaking me for someone else, because I don't tell people their opinions are wrong.

I've explained our reasoning (and in some cases, my personal viewpoint) regarding feature changes or removal, but I can't recall telling someone "you're wrong because you think x and we/I don't".

And for what it's worth, I've had no involvement with the change being discussed in this topic, and have no viewpoint on it. In fact, I somewhat agree with some of the points users have brought up here.

Archived