Download: Make Root Admin Posts Undeletable/Uneditable

NenaDice

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Make Root Admin Posts And Topics Undeletable/Uneditable

File Submitter: NenaDice

File Submitted: 14 Sep 2011

File Category: Utilities

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.4.x

This hook will prevent Moderators, Super Moderators and/or the other users in the admin Group from editing and hard deleting the posts of the Root Admin. Also they will not be able to hard delete and hide the topics of the Root Admin.

By default it protects the posts of the user with id 1. But if your id is not 1, you can enter the custom uid at the hook setting. Where you can also enable and disable each setting separately.

After you install the hook.xml file, you can configure it to your needs and likings at its Settings area under the NenaDice tab.

For more info on how the hook looks like when being used, please have a look at the attached screenshots.

here to download this file

Hi,
I'd be interested in this but I have a question first.
You say that this protects only the "posts" from been deleted that are made by the Admin... So if the Admin has made a Topic then if a Moderator decided to delete that Topic it would in effect delete the admin's post with the Topic....making this hook somewhat useless?

It preventing the deletion of admin posts but not admin topics kind of makes it useless does it not?

Would I be right in saying that in the above circumstances ?

Thanks

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,
I'd be interested in this but I have a question first.
You say that this protects only the "posts" from been deleted that are made by the Admin... So if the Admin has made a Topic then if a Moderator decided to delete that Topic it would in effect delete the admin's post with the Topic....making this hook somewhat useless?

It preventing the deletion of admin posts but not admin topics kind of makes it useless does it not?

Would I be right in saying that in the above circumstances ?

Thanks

Good idea. Can you make it also for topics?

The option to make the root admin topics undeletable as well is added.

• 1 year later...

Archived