Download: Flash Image and Video Rotator

Enkidu

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

in theory, yes. but you will need to manually include the code of the block in where you want it to appear :smile:

What is the manual code to make this happen? If you like please PM me the details.

I have gotten it to work on my site but when I do it causes some problems. I will detail below what I have done....

-Via the ACP I have installed it properly as it shows up with the new tab and I can work with it.
-Uploaded the files properly I think to my sites root directories
-placed the piecemakerXML.php in the actual root (ie, public_html) of the site
-placed the {parse block="EnkiduPiecemaker2"} in my sites theme "global template" so as to have it show up on my frontpage
-Im using the Portal addon and not ipcontent even though I have used ipcontent-blocks to create the {parse block="EnkiduPiecemaker2"}

When I activate it while I am logged in to the site it works fine even though I need to tweak the settings because it is taking up a huge area of the page. But this is when the problems occur. If I sign out of the site it does continue to work but when I try to log back in the screen does change as if the login window is trying to appear but the window does not appear or it appears way down the site and becomes inaccessible. The page is basically locked as nothing (links etc) are inoperable. Some members can see and use the login window, some can see part of the window but not enough to use it and as I stated some of us cant even see it. The only way to fix it then is to remove the {parse block="EnkiduPiecemaker2"} from the global template.

I am currently using 3.3.4.
I am currently using Portal version 1.2.0 by Michael John (DevFuse)
I have not yet modified or changed your sample that you provide in the download. So it is only using your sample until I have it working stable on my site. I will then adjust the settings and use my images.

I hope that this explains my problem enough for you to understand what is going on. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Ray

ps

I am using IPS hosting but I spoke with them prior to installing your program and this is what they had to say about it.....

Hello, it looks like an ip.content block, unless i'm missing something it should be ok and wouldn't' qualify as third party software imo. However due to how it may be coded, there may be some resource issues with it perhaps and maybe that's why he has chosen to put that note on it. You can give it a try, and if it causes you to hit the resource limits then you will now, but looking at it, it's just a content block with custom code.

It depends on where did you parse the block in your global template and what skin you're using (maybe a link to your website will help).

secondly...yub! IPS considered piecemakerXML.php a standalone script although it doesn't work without IPB and it is only 10 lines of code.

hello, I cannot get the video to play. I have uploaded a mp4 file, and put in the URL in the settings, but it will not play. What am I doing wrong to get the video to play? thanks

have you uploaded an image along with the video? can you confirm that the paths are right?

Hello. Help me please. How align video on the right?

can you please post a link to your website so I can figure out how to go about that?

thanks

It depends on where did you parse the block in your global template and what skin you're using (maybe a link to your website will help).

Hi,

This is the site......http://mappersunited.com

It is a custom skin made by Sherri Jones of ibskin.com

post-287845-0-42411700-1346615178_thumb.
This is one position that I had it.

post-287845-0-96581400-1346615178_thumb.
This is another position that I had it.

post-287845-0-56620700-1346615179_thumb.
This shows where I have the piecemakerXML.php located.

Both those positions load the effect no problem. The problem is that when attempting to sign in the login window is either not there or is way down the page somewhere and generally not accessible.

I can give you admin rights after you take a look if you like!

Thanks very much for the assistance!!

Ray

have you uploaded an image along with the video? can you confirm that the paths are right?

can you please post a link to your website so I can figure out how to go about that?

thanks

Do I need an image to go along with the video for it to play? it is just a video that I have uploaded to the same image folder that is pulling from the other image sliders

http://tenerife-pres...page/index.html

why do you want to align it to the right? looks nice in the middle

Hi,

This is the site......

http://mappersunited.com

It is a custom skin made by Sherri Jones of ibskin.com

post-287845-0-42411700-1346615178_thumb.

This is one position that I had it.

post-287845-0-96581400-1346615178_thumb.

This is another position that I had it.

post-287845-0-56620700-1346615179_thumb.

This shows where I have the piecemakerXML.php located.

Both those positions load the effect no problem. The problem is that when attempting to sign in the login window is either not there or is way down the page somewhere and generally not accessible.

I can give you admin rights after you take a look if you like!

Thanks very much for the assistance!!

Ray

please put the block so I can test first hand :)
  • 1 month later...

Archived