Ew, just received a HTML email?

markopolo2002

post-116929-0-04469300-1316107446_thumb.

Guys, I know this could just be a test from your end, but I'm really not feeling the layout of the HTML emails - it's FAB that we have this functionality, but the layout really does need a little work me thinks.

The lines really should go for a start, and better positioning of the logo would be good and a little pet hate of mine is all the truncating of URL's, I appreciate why you do it, but hate the look of it, I'd much rather see the entire URL :)
Cheers
Marko

Just wanna add that it would be cool to have HTML emails closely mimic the way posts are actually shown on the forum. So, instead of seeing this ugly -------- QUOTE -------- thing, quoted text could appear in a quote box just like it would if you were reading the thread.

I'm aware that HTML emails are still very much a work-in-progress, and I wish you all at IPS the best of luck with them!

Mine does go the full width, rather than just half, and the only border is the pale blue that looks fine.

What I would do though is to scroll the line ...

If you have configured in your control panel to receive immediate topic reply notifications, you may receive an
email for each reply made to this topic. Otherwise, only 1 email is sent per board visit for each subscribed topic.

rather than breaking half way

Current layout looks good, better than the first version, ...

I can not understand this opinion, lets look at the first and current layout/design:

Old (and very good) design:
post-145138-0-78519600-1316012932_thumb.

New (and very ugly) design:
post-145138-0-31578500-1316527061_thumb.

Just a few things which make the new design ugly:
  • Box not centered
  • Box too small
  • Header too hight (not proportional)
  • Header should look like the default IP.Board header
  • Old border (and shadow) looked very very better

I can not understand this opinion, lets look at the first and current layout/design:

Old (and very good) design:

%7Boption%7D

New (and very ugly) design:

%7Boption%7D

Just a few things which make the new design ugly:

• Box not centered
  • Box too small
  • Header should look like the default IP.Board header
  • Old border (and shadow) looked very very better

I wouldn't call the first one there a good design, but it's better.

• Management

I changed it from the gradient "design" because the logo is 350ish PX which is wider than the screen on an iPhone / Android which meant the logo stretched off the screen.

The email wrapper is just a normal skin template. You can edit it on your own board via the Admin CP.

Archived