iRadio Hook

Andy Rixon

%7Boption%7D

File Name: iRadio Hook

File Submitter: Andy Rixon

File Submitted: 13 Sep 2011

File Category: User and Social Engagement

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.1.x, IP.Board 3.2.x, IP.Board 3.3.x, IP.Board 3.4.x

This hook will not work if you are using Shoutcast v2, please contact your shoutcast provider about Shoutcast v1 to use iRadio Hook.

iRadio simply connects to a shoutcast server that you have purchased from a shoutcast hosting provider, when a DJ is broadcasting, iRadio sits on top of your forum categories on the board index and displays the latest radio statistics for the shoutcast server, like Current DJ, Current Song, Current Listeners out of a max listeners and peak listeners, it also has tune in links for your members to listen to the radio.

For those having issues with load times or it not connecting to your shoutcast server, please ask you web host to unblock your shoutcast ports.... so if your port is 8000, ports 8000 and 8001 needs unblocking by your web host.

here to download this file

Ditto

Plus, I thought this iRadio Hook was an actual radio that one can implement onto their IP.Board and I was thinking "oh cool", but according to the description, it "shows the latests statistics and status of your radio/shoutcast server"? I'm not sure I fully understand this. Can you better describe what this hook does Andy? Screenshots would be helpful. Thanks in advance. :cool:

I will get screenshots up shortly, and the demo account should be working, I'll reset it soon.

iRadio simply connects to a shoutcast server that you have purchased from a shoutcast hosting provider, when a DJ is broadcasting, iRadio sits on top of your forum categories on the board index and displays the latest radio statistics for the shoutcast server, like Current DJ, Current Song, Current Listeners out of a max listeners and peak listeners, it also has tune in links for your members to listen to the radio.

In short, iRadio displays the latest stats from the shoutcast server whhen a dj is broadcasting.

Also, I have not yet installed iRadio to the demo, login information isn't actually needed as it is viewable by everyone, guests as well, there are no permission marks as to which usergroup see' it.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have a working iRadio Hook available to be viewed by guests so that I can get a good idea as to how this looks on a live board? I'm thinking of getting this when I upgrade our forum, but I want to see it in action first. Also, can anybody recommend a shoutcast server that's been working for you with this hook? Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

Just tried with one of the free shoutcast hosts freestreamhosting.org and that doesnt work either and still shows the radio as offline, could this be port related and allowing incoming and outgoing data?

This works with the free host i have the only thing i need to do is add the adds which is needed to make the radio tune in links to work. Maybe thats the same with you?

Might be worth checking out ;)

I have just check the link for the free radio stream and im using the same host. Im using s6 server. for the radio panel to work with that host you need the adds which you can get from the control panel of the shoucast server for the links to work. They have a page with everything you need, all i done was removed the tune in links which comes with the add and put the Iframe at the very bottom of the forum and bang everything works.

Hope this helps

You shouldn't need to make any edits on iRadio.

With anyshoutcast provider they should give you a Host/IP and port, with DJ Password and/or Admin Password, iRadio requires you enter the Host/IP, port and the DJ Password into the AdminCP settings for iRadio, and everything should work.

If it don't search for a better shoutcast provider.

Oh no that wasn't what i was getting at, the free shoutcast host which is in question you need to use the adds which they have should on the links page which they provide for you. Now when you use something like to radio hook this doesn't bypass there system of having to use adds for the stream links to work 100%

If you try to use the free shoutcast host without the adds the radio links just won't work, once the adds are in use the radio links will work with that host freestreamhosting.org

Other than that this mod works without any problems what so ever. really please with it from the outset. thumbs up mate :D

Ok, I have just been doing some testing between freestreamhosting.org and iRadio, freestreamhosting.org provides you with a host/ip/ port and dj password, all of which are needed by iRadio, and works perfectly fine like it should do.

I do not know why you are getting these issues, I can not reproduce them.

And they also use software called Cast Control, but hughly customized to setup Shoutcast Servers, iRadio was developed using a shoutcast server setup on the Cast Control Software, so you should not need to make any edits at all to iRadio for it to work.

If you try to use the free shoutcast host without the adds the radio links just won't work, once the adds are in use the radio links will work with that host [color=#009933]freestreamhosting.org [/color]

well it most work even with in the links from the iradio hook
Cuz basicly it loads the basic pls from the server thats all i tested with few a couple of free hosts and they all work fine with player links
maybe for beta 2 we gone add a custom link to the pls
but im not sure yet atm it just load the stats but no refresh the stats
so there is a small bug and need to be re-edit
i was thinkin about to add and curl option in it insteed just running it over the fsocked
the global bar is nice idea but still no refresh part
so there need to be alot stuff to be done