"Who's Chatting" Sidebar Hook+Blocks

Nuclear General

%7Boption%7D

File Name: "Who's Chatting" Sidebar Hook+Blocks

File Submitter: Nuclear General

File Submitted: 11 Sep 2011

File Category: User and Social Engagement

This hook will Allow You to place a "Who's Chatting" Sidebar hook on the board index, with its own separate setting, and includes an IPContent block to return the same.... as Well as A separate Chat footer IPContent block that returns the IPS default
Both regard all present settings, the blocks however can be used with the Show hooks Settings disabled.
The code in use is based on the original "Who's Chatting?" Hook, By Invision Power Services

here to download this file

Thanks for this great hook

But I have a problem

When I put the {parse block="chatusers"} code in my template, my article's button disappear

See the normal page

post-104108-0-85838300-1315929974_thumb.

And when I put the hook's code, I have this :

post-104108-0-61402800-1315930001_thumb.

I don't understand why

Can you help me ?

Thanks

Yes... Download The File Again... just retested and patched this... it was getting confused as to what lang was loaded... i thought i had caught this and changed it already in initial, but somehow i missed it...
$this->lang shouldve been $this->_lang... i could have sworn i had that, fixed now.
http://www.marchertech.com/
the odd bit is... block scope seems to actually be faulty for once.

Thanks, it works very well now

Just another question

I use this block too, from you : Active Users 3.2 block 1.0.1

And I modified it to be the same like the active user on the forum (class, id, etc...)

See at the end of the page : http://www.depeche-mode.be/

But, how can I make this change too with "(MT32) "Who's Chatting" Sidebar Hook+Block" ?

Its actually quite simple.
Edit the block.
Find near the end:

$html = '';

if ( count( $member_ids ) )

{

$html = $this->registry->getClass('output')->getTemplate('boards')->whoschatting_sideshow( intval(count($member_ids)), $member_ids );

}

else

{

if ( ! $this->settings['ipschat_hide_chatting'] )

{

$html = $this->registry->getClass('output')->getTemplate('boards')->whoschatting_sideempty();

}

}

return $html;

Change this to:

$html = '';

if ( count( $member_ids ) )

{

$html = $this->registry->getClass('output')->getTemplate('boards')->whoschatting_show( intval(count($member_ids)), $member_ids );

}

else

{

if ( ! $this->settings['ipschat_hide_chatting'] )

{

$html = $this->registry->getClass('output')->getTemplate('boards')->whoschatting_empty();

}

}

return $html;

Eg... simply return the IPS Default Template Instead :wink:

Yes, I recache...

Here is my template's code

<div id="board_statistics" class="statistics clearfix">

{parse block="act32"}

{parse block="chatusers"}

</div>

And when I check the source code of my page I find this

<div class='ipsSideBlock'>

<h3>Membre(s) actif(s) dans le live chat</h3>

<p>Il n'y a aucun membre sur le live chat pour le moment</p>

</div>

I think this is a bad "div class" and "h3"

what i saying is if you had switched to ips default template properly... THAT markup should not be present..... it should be returning the IPS default template that has NO such div.... should i add another block to return the ips hook template seperately?

You are right, and I don't understand why it doesn't work
I try with the IPB Skin default, but same problem

Last solution, delete div class in the HTML code of the skin....

I'm not sure that I understand what would you say about another block (sorry, I'm not english speaker)

You are right, and I don't understand why it doesn't work

I try with the IPB Skin default, but same problem

Last solution, delete div class in the HTML code of the skin....

I'm not sure that I understand what would you say about another block (sorry, I'm not english speaker)

i mean there is now an extra .block xml included with the download, eg to return it separately:
{parse block="chatusers"}
{parse block="chatfooter"}
returns:
http://www.marchertech.com/
(bottom)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the hook! I'm really loving it but I have a few questions. The block is way above my head with the php. Is there an area I could possibly make an edit to customize the title? I use a bigger font so "Member(s) active in live chat" wraps..

Also my main navigation tabs are taken so I don't have a chat tab. Could I add a link to the side bar block that says something like Join the conversation?..er.. how would one go about doing something like that? :rofl:

Thanks for the hook! I'm really loving it but I have a few questions. The block is way above my head with the php. Is there an area I could possibly make an edit to customize the title? I use a bigger font so "Member(s) active in live chat" wraps..

Also my main navigation tabs are taken so I don't have a chat tab. Could I add a link to the side bar block that says something like Join the conversation?..er.. how would one go about doing something like that? :rofl:

theres a reason the block seems mystic mojo :tongue:
ACP->Look& Feel->skin->Board Index->whoschatting_sideempty and whoschatting_sideshow are the actual template bits for the sidebar block.
EG, the block is a php processer same as the hook, and they both return same templates.

<a href='{parse url="app=ipchat" base="public"}' target='_blank'>