Please give us default notification settings for existing users as well as subscribe options for apps

markopolo2002

.... I KNOW this is flat MONTHS overdue.
BUT a hook awaits approval here that will allow your Existing members to easily opt-in to admin Notification Defaults at leisure with a highly visible link next to notifications drop-down.....
This "should" alleviate someones headaches....
Its better than having no easy way for any member to synch with the ACP Defaults.
and NO..... I WONT be making one to FORCE it for ALL members.... I feel it SHOULD be an opt-in.... Though a highly visible one.

I support this.

I was looking for this feature a few days ago when I wanted to disable all emailing notifications. I think the admin should have the power to enable and disable notification methods.

They do...
it just doesn't apply to existing members... ACP->Members->Members->Notification Defaults....
All this hook does is provide a link in the header for ANY existing member to synchronize to the ACP Settings at ANY time.... rather than being completely unaware their notifications are off.... or all checked but auto-follow off... >.<
not gonna lie though... ACP still missing some settings on this...
had to "loosely" hard-code the few to the most requested values. >.<

They do...

it just doesn't apply to existing members... ACP->Members->Members->Notification Defaults....

All this hook does is provide a link in the header for ANY existing member to synchronize to the ACP Settings at ANY time.... rather than being completely unaware their notifications are off.... or all checked but auto-follow off... >.<

not gonna lie though... ACP still missing some settings on this...

had to "loosely" hard-code the few to the most requested values. >.<

Oh how did I not see this v.v thanks.

But as you said, It doesn't apply to existing members... which is what I need it to do.

Oh how did I not see this v.v thanks.

But as you said, It doesn't apply to existing members... which is what I need it to do.

Which is exactly why i wrote the hook awaiting approval.....
I wont be the source of FORCING it at admin whim, but I do see value in an EASY, Visible(not stuffed away in a page-o-doom of check-boxes) opt-in.... therefore sidestepping(oh, but i DIDNT want emails from you!!) lawsuits.
which is precisely what that hook does.
As Marko said earlier in this topic... the entire notifications pane scares the bejeezus outta people.....(TBH... with allll the apps i have installed.... it scares ME... takes a solid 5 minutes to select everything :logik: )
one-click synch seemed helpful....
Side Note.... I hereby do Laugh at the notion that the members notification cache is untouchable......
Its in their cache people.... all you have to do is snag the core notifications cache, unpack the member cache, replace the members notification selected arrays with the admin ones, then pack it back up.

Archived