View Online List Permissions

Wolfie

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, will this be updated for version 3.2? Thanks!

Look at his signature: Please stop asking when my products are going to get updated for 3.2. They will be updated when I have time to do so. I am not going to respond to any additional questions of this nature.

• 4 weeks later...

Ive actually just installed this for the first time.. (Currently using IPB 3.2.2) And it actually works fine with out any issues that ive seen anyways... I selected some groups and left some out (Like admin) and I wasnt able to view it... I selected Admin group, and I was able to see it...

So even though it states its for 3.0.0 It works on 3.2.2 with no issues (Again, I did not see any problems on my end)

Just wanted to let others know :D

This one probably still mostly works for 3.2, but I would recommend upgrading as I did make some changes in a new version:

The old one did not recognize secondary groups, and the function you can use to check those was a bit buggy in 3.0 and 3.1, but it should be fine in 3.2, so that's what the new version uses.

Michael, thank you for this wonderful hook. This is much better than simply preventing guests from viewing the list. It works great for our tiered membership.

I have one small question. Would it be possible to have the link to the online list removed for groups with no access so they don't feel snubbed? :)

The only way to do that would be to manually edit the skin template this is in, there's no hook point in that the template that actually stores this link that would let me selectively show or hide it.

It's here in the boardIndexTemplate if you want it:

<a href='{parse url="app=members&amp;module=online&amp;sort_order=desc" base="public"}'>({$this->lang->words['online_link']})</a>

The only way to do that would be to manually edit the skin template this is in, there's no hook point in that the template that actually stores this link that would let me selectively show or hide it.

It's here in the boardIndexTemplate if you want it:

<a href='{parse url="app=members&amp;module=online&amp;sort_order=desc" base="public"}'>({$this->lang->words['online_link']})</a>

Thanks Michael, a shame that can't be hooked into.

Great hook as always!

Archived