Download: Member Anniversaries

Bob van Leeuwen

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

You can follow the steps in this tutorial to find what PHP error is causing white pages:

http://invisionfocus.com/tutorials/article/149-blankwhite-pages/

It's most likely a missing skin template, meaning something happened in the installation which failed to install everything properly.

Hmm, this is strange, I had added this

ini_set('display_errors',1);[/CODE]

to the inidata file and when I enabled this hook again a bunch of errors were displaying like this in the acp:

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/admin/*******/hooks/hook_newTopics_54fd67d22b59b0579eb34e977c56fbfe.php) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/admin/*******/admin/applications/core/modules_admin/applications/hooks.php on line 2192

And the strange thing is that when I went to my site again, no white page anymore and the members anniversary's were showing on the board. Ps: any idea what that error I mentioned abote means ? I know its probably a bit off topic but there where more errors like that.

That error means the issue wasn't necessarily related to this hook, it's some other hook (something called "hook_newTopics") that either has a missing file or permissions issue. I'd recommend looking at what hooks you have installed, seeing if any of them sound similar to this name, and try re-installing them. Or you could try disabling all hooks and re-enabling them one-by-one until you find the one that triggers this error again.

• 2 months later...

Michael,

I was wondering if you could answer this for me? When there are no anniversaries to display, it says "No members have are celebrating an anniversary today." I'd like to fix that so it makes sense. I found the line on the manage languages page but when I try to edit and save, it gives me a system error and says "Can not translate protected language pack"

Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for this mod, Michael! A quick question... is there any reason why BB code wouldn't work in the anniversary message (running latest version of this hook and IPB)? I have it set to send an email for a reminder, and when I added a couple of links and formatting (url, b, twitter), it sends out the email without parsing the bbcode. So, the actual [url ] tags are in the actual content of the message I've tried using both the RTE and the plain text editor without success. Any idea what could be causing it?

Michael,

I was wondering if you could answer this for me? When there are no anniversaries to display, it says "No members have are celebrating an anniversary today." I'd like to fix that so it makes sense. I found the line on the manage languages page but when I try to edit and save, it gives me a system error and says "Can not translate protected language pack"

Any suggestions?

Guess not.
  • 1 month later...

The 'Member Anniversaries' hook is going crazy. It's listing every member on my site as having their 43rd anniversary today, and sending out reminder emails to all of them. As soon as I found out, I disabled the hook and turned off email reminders (including the system scheduler task), but several minutes later the emails still seem to be sending out. What do I do to stop the emails?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived