Download: Member Anniversaries

Bob van Leeuwen

File Name: Member Anniversaries
File Submitter: Bob van Leeuwen
File Submitted: 30 Mar 2010
File Category: Hooks and Plugins

Adds a new feature to your board index similar to the members' birthdays, but this is for members' anniversaries of their join date for that forum. Functions just like the birthdays in that it shows how many years they've been a member, and gives the same ACP control to be able to show this or not and to auto-hide if none to show. Also now allows you to send out anniversary reminders to your members so that you can remind them to re-visit the forum if they no longer do.

Click here to download this file

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi Michael, This mod is great - Thank you!!

One small problem that I just noticed, however. I have a test account that received the anniversary email, and the formatting of the message was messed up...so all the members who have been receiving their emails have had incorrect formatting. Here's an example:

Hey member,

As of today you've been a MYWEBSITEHERE member for a total of 4 year(s)!  <div>

</div><div>We are happy to have you as part of our Community and hope to see you online soon!

<div>

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: arial; font-size: small; "></span></div><div><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: arial; font-size: small; ">Best Regards,

Is this a known issue, and is there a fix for this?
Thanks

Hi Michael, This mod is great - Thank you!!

One small problem that I just noticed, however. I have a test account that received the anniversary email, and the formatting of the message was messed up...so all the members who have been receiving their emails have had incorrect formatting. Here's an example:

Is this a known issue, and is there a fix for this?

Thanks

It's never done that for me in my testing, nor has anyone reported it before. I'll look at it again and see if anything's changed since I created this. Which type of editor are you using to set up the contents of this email, the standard or RTE?

Hi Michael, thanks for the update. I'll give it a shot. Question - How could I test this? The only way I found this issue was when one of my 'secret' accounts that happened to come to my email. But hundreds of emails had been sent out before I received a copy. What would be your suggestion to be able to test it right away?
Thanks

You could create a test account, set their joined date to exactly a year ago (there are online unix timestamp generators that can help with this), run the task, and check the PM they receive. But that's exactly what I did to test the version I just uploaded in the post above, and it was fine for me.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Short answer: No

Lon answer: Yes, but in order to do that I have to rewrite the mod with taking that into consideration, and it would then mean that that's the way it always works for everyone who installs this, and from what I've been told most people don't want it to default to collapsed, so the current way is the favored way by the most people. There's no way I can make it so you can choose the default state.

• 1 month later...

Archived