Download: Battlefield 3 [codegame.net]

CodeGame

• 1 month later...

I didn't think you were allowed to use copyrighted images in a skin and sell them.

Actually I believe the makers purposely release backgrounds like this for public website use. Specifically gaming websites simply as promotional tools. Treyarch did the same thing with WAW and they estimated it brought their sales up quite a bit. IW I don't think ever did it. But Dice has. So I would say it is perfectly legal in his case.

Actually I believe the makers purposely release backgrounds like this for public website use. Specifically gaming websites simply as promotional tools. Treyarch did the same thing with WAW and they estimated it brought their sales up quite a bit. IW I don't think ever did it. But Dice has. So I would say it is perfectly legal in his case.

Well Skinbox was using gaming backgrounds in a couple of their skins and they got contacted to take them out of the skin as they were making money off of them.

Well Skinbox was using gaming backgrounds in a couple of their skins and they got contacted to take them out of the skin as they were making money off of them.

Oh really? Well in that case I may be wrong. Do you know what game's backgrounds they were using?

Having issues with the skin. It seems that the background is not displaying as it should. This happened after installing IP.Content. Background is just black.

I have IP.Content and it works fine. I've noticed that if I add a background image, or edit one, that specific background is pure black. Usually within a couple hours it starts working though. I figure it has something to do with caching system. Give it at least until the tomorrow. I would assume it works by then.

I didn't think you were allowed to use copyrighted images in a skin and sell them.

thats what i thought too.

i was under the impression they release these images for use on fan sites. (Not-for-Profit sites) The use of these images in a template or design for profit is against the copyright. But i may be wrong, just what ive read somewhere around. plus this looks like a background taken straight from one of the backgrounds on the official websites.

ive seen several iphone apps originally selling for 0.99 or so, forced to go free because they used official copyrighted images.

thats what i thought too.

i was under the impression they release these images for use on fan sites. (Not-for-Profit sites) The use of these images in a template or design for profit is against the copyright. But i may be wrong, just what ive read somewhere around. plus this looks like a background taken straight from one of the backgrounds on the official websites.

ive seen several iphone apps originally selling for 0.99 or so, forced to go free because they used official copyrighted images.

Well in that case it may be problematic. Although I highly doubt they will bother to do anything as these images are one of the first ones to show up on google images. Anyone can get these images and put them in. If anything, he can get by the copyright simply by taking the images out of the exact code, and putting them in a "complimentary" zip file when downloaded. And tell everyone how to put them in. That way he is not actually making money off of the images.

What if its a background that you've edited in Photoshop yourself, merged say a lot of bf3 images in masks, you're entitled to release it then surely? Besides the skin is the selling point not the background.

I would say it is the same concept. The actual images are still under copyright. If the company doesn't give you the consent to sell the collage of images, you are still probably breaking the copyright. However, if you are just adding images on your own forum without making a profit on them, and those images were released for promotional reasons (like most of them are), then you will be fine.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

i like your Theme, but in my case i have 1 problem. (IPB 3.3.1, with the newest version of the theme)

When i go to make a new PM (Coversation) over the right upper mail icon, the theme is gone and a white page appears (the text and buttons are still there, but no images + colors).
With other themes the problem dont exist.

It would be nice if you can fix that or say how i do this :smile:.

edit: The same with the signature edit page.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi.

I recently decided to install the style again on my newly setup forum. However, following the turorial and doing every step, once i try to change theme in the forum home, i just get a blank page (link). Any idea why?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I recently decided to install the style again on my newly setup forum. However, following the turorial and doing every step, once i try to change theme in the forum home, i just get a blank page (link). Any idea why?

Same here, portal and member page is fine but forum frontpage is all white.
Please help .....

Other skins is ok.

IPB v3.3.2
  • 2 months later...

Archived