Duplicate Forum Settings

hammerstringz

I need this and apparently I've heard that others have been asking for this for years, where someone can duplicate forums and settings/permissions within them. The most time consuming portion of setting up a board is setting the permissions/settings areas.

Since I have MANY Categories / Forums that will be similar to each other with the only difference being a location or a field, it may take way too much time just to set these things up, especially when I think the majority of forums in anyone's board will have the same settings/permissions with just a few that may be different.

But, I've been asking my son to help me with all my needs that I think should come with the software. He's working on some of this now and getting some results already and he's not even that familiar with IPB, so I'm not sure IBP just won't do it. That discussion can be found here: http://community.inv...forum-settings/

I wish there was an easier way to duplicate Categories & Forums as well as their settings when needed as a part of our purchase. IPB is GREAT, don't get me wrong, but if so many people are asking for it and my son, who is not familiar with IPB can get some results in no time, it makes me wonder if some things like this just get placed on ignore.

JUST ADDED POLL

I believe something similar has been suggested recently, but I agree as well that this would be a usefull feature. Have been running a community, and I was hating that I had to click the same and same permissions/options for each almost identical forum.

he's basically got the script down, it works for me, but probably needs to see a tutorial on how to make it readable/usable in AdminCP. I can mass delete and just enter name of forums/sub cats, etc. and just duplicate settings & permissions that I set as default. Is there some sort of tutorial for making something readable/usable inside AdminCP?

Archived