DawPi

%7Boption%7D

File Name: (DP33) Customize Posts

File Submitter: DawPi

File Submitted: 05 Sep 2011

File Category: User and Social Engagement

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.2.x, IP.Board 3.3.x, IP.Board 3.4.x

Features:

With this modification you can allow your members to set default look of their posts. Their can set: font size, font height, text align and many more!

• enable/disable mod,
  • select which groups can use this mod,
  • check or not secondary groups also,
  • block any text property, - select color select type: colorpicker or dropdown list,
  • set your own font styles.

here to download this file

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our site has anonymous subscribers that stay in the regular usergroup but get subscriber benefits via secondary usergroup.

Unfortunately, this add-on doesn't check secondary usergroups. Can we get an option for that please?

Edit: I have this fixed for the time being, if anybody else would like this, please review this thread for the necessary edit to the PHP file that comes with the mod.

Another Edit, and another request: Currently, quoted text color (using reply/multi-quote) is also converted to use the custom font settings. Would it be possible to update the mod to not alter text color inserted into the post box using the Reply/Multi-Quote features?

It seems edits revert back to board default font and font size (I don't know about color, I don't use a custom color in my posts).

Edit: Strange, it doesn't actually revert back to board default font/size, it just appears to after the post is submitted for some reason. After leaving the topic and reentering, it shows up properly.

I uploaded the files via FTP and installed the hook, also turned it on in system settings

But when i go to my settings and click on Customize Posts

All it shows is

Customize Your Posts

In this section you can select your own custom settings for your posts - how they should look on board.

sample post content

First: Thanks so much for this mod, it's excellent overall. I just bought it and installed it on my board.

Second: I'm seeing these same issues:

It seems edits revert back to board default font and font size (I don't know about color, I don't use a custom color in my posts).

Edit: Strange, it doesn't actually revert back to board default font/size, it just appears to after the post is submitted for some reason. After leaving the topic and reentering, it shows up properly.

It seems to be a bug, the font and size aren't changed, just the color.

Hope they get "fixed" soon so I don't have to field questions from my community all day on them ;)

Found a problem.

When posts has been posted while you're writing a message, there's a notification at the top of the screen, a message like "2 new posts, click here to view" or something like that, I don't remember. The two new posts showed up properly but there's error messages, take a look at a screenshot taken by a member from my community:

XNRmmyTH6z.PNG

So I'm trying to make some progress here on getting these custom fonts to show up in IP Chat. I have a question that maybe one of you can help me with:

In the IP Chat template bits, they define some variables in the script like this:

// Basic variables

var roomId = {$options['roomId']};

var userId = {$options['userId']};

var userName = '{$this->memberData['members_display_name']}';

var accessKey = '{$options['accessKey']}';

var serverHost = '{$options['serverHost']}';

var serverPath = '{$options['serverPath']}';

var ourUrl = '{$options['ourUrl']}';

USE_RTE = 0;

I would like to add a few variables, like this:

var FontFam = '{$this->memberData['dp3_custp_font_family']}';

var FontColor = '{$this->memberData['dp3_custp_font_color']}';

.... and then call them out later in the template bit as #{FontFam} and #{FontColor} like this:

ipb.chat.templates['msg-1'] = new Template( "<li class='post chat-message #{ownclass}'><label>#{username}</label> <div style='font-family: #{FontFam}; color: #{FontColor};'>#{message}</div></li>" );

But it's not working at all.....

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?

Archived