Download: 3D jQuery Featured Articles Slider

Enkidu

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, Enkidu.

The newest version of the slider is throwing errors on images fed using Chrome and Firefox. I'm not quite sure how to explain it, but I do believe this needs debugged. Here's what the error looks like when running Page Speed from Chrome. Also, the errors seem to be recursive. Errors seem to populate whenever a new image transitions. Eventually, the Browser will just lock up.

(click image for full view)
post-192203-0-87972800-1329793157_thumb.

The console is referencing an error on line #1 of index.php and it looks like this:

var Prototype={Version:'1.7',Browser:(function(){var ua=navigator.userAgent;var isOpera=Object.prototype.toString.call(window.opera)=='[object Opera]';return{IE:!!window.attachEvent&&!isOpera,Opera:isOpera,WebKit:ua.indexOf('AppleWebKit/')>-1,Gecko:ua.indexOf('Gecko')>-1&&ua.indexOf('KHTML')===-1,MobileSafari:/Apple.*Mobile/.test(ua)}})(),BrowserFeatures:{XPath:!!document.evaluate,SelectorsAPI:!!document.querySelector,ElementExtensions:(function(){var constructor=window.Element||window.HTMLElement;return!!(constructor&&constructor.prototype);})(),SpecificElementExtensions:(function(){if(typeof window.HTMLDivElement!=='undefined')

I also had someone look at it and they were able to specifically track the issue down to the slider itself.

Hello, Enkidu.

The newest version of the slider is throwing errors on images fed using Chrome and Firefox. I'm not quite sure how to explain it, but I do believe this needs debugged. Here's what the error looks like when running Page Speed from Chrome. Also, the errors seem to be recursive. Errors seem to populate whenever a new image transitions. Eventually, the Browser will just lock up.

(click image for full view)

post-192203-0-87972800-1329793157_thumb.

The console is referencing an error on line #1 of index.php and it looks like this:

var Prototype={Version:'1.7',Browser:(function(){var ua=navigator.userAgent;var isOpera=Object.prototype.toString.call(window.opera)=='[object Opera]';return{IE:!!window.attachEvent&&!isOpera,Opera:isOpera,WebKit:ua.indexOf('AppleWebKit/')>-1,Gecko:ua.indexOf('Gecko')>-1&&ua.indexOf('KHTML')===-1,MobileSafari:/Apple.*Mobile/.test(ua)}})(),BrowserFeatures:{XPath:!!document.evaluate,SelectorsAPI:!!document.querySelector,ElementExtensions:(function(){var constructor=window.Element||window.HTMLElement;return!!(constructor&&constructor.prototype);})(),SpecificElementExtensions:(function(){if(typeof window.HTMLDivElement!=='undefined')

I also had someone look at it and they were able to specifically track the issue down to the slider itself.

you need to pass on the type of transition to the slider rather than leaving it on random. I've seen cases where this causes the stack issue :)

you need to pass on the type of transition to the slider rather than leaving it on random. I've seen cases where this causes the stack issue :smile:

Thanks for the quick response, Enkidu. Could you break that down for me? I don't quite understand what it is that I need to do.

Thanks for the quick response, Enkidu. Could you break that down for me? I don't quite understand what it is that I need to do.

something like this

<script type="text/javascript">

var EnkiduNoConflict = jQuery.noConflict();

EnkiduNoConflict(window).load(function() {

EnkiduNoConflict('#slider').nivoSlider({effect: fade});

});

</script>

the effect can be any of the following

• sliceDown
  • sliceDownLeft
  • sliceUp
  • sliceUpLeft
  • sliceUpDown
  • sliceUpDownLeft
  • fold
  • fade
  • random
  • slideInRight
  • slideInLeft
  • boxRandom
  • boxRain
  • boxRainReverse
  • boxRainGrow
  • boxRainGrowReverse

EnkiduNoConflict('#slider').nivoSlider({effect: fade});

});

</script>

the effect can be any of the following

• sliceDown
  • sliceDownLeft
  • sliceUp
  • sliceUpLeft
  • sliceUpDown
  • sliceUpDownLeft
  • fold
  • fade
  • random
  • slideInRight
  • slideInLeft
  • boxRandom
  • boxRain
  • boxRainReverse
  • boxRainGrow
  • boxRainGrowReverse
This is what I have right now.

EnkiduNoConflict('#slider').nivoSlider({animSpeed:3750,pauseTime: 7500});

});

</script>

Is it possible to keep my animation/ pause time AND specify one of the effects you listed? I don't want to lose my timing.

yes sure

make it like this

EnkiduNoConflict('#slider').nivoSlider({

animSpeed:3750,

pauseTime: 7500,

effect: fade 

});

});

</script>

I break it into lines to make it easier to read :)

PM sent.

PM received. I apologize, I made a mistake in the code the effect should be enclosed with two single quotation marks like so:

EnkiduNoConflict('#slider').nivoSlider({

animSpeed:3750,

pauseTime: 7500,

effect: 'fade'

});

});

</script>

cheers :smile:

Thanks for fixing that one part of the code. :smile:

I'm still getting these errors:

"event.layerX and event.layerY are broken and deprecated in WebKit. They will be removed from the engine in the near future"

this has nothing to do with the slider. it exists even here ;)

Hey there - this thing looks great - especially on your Demoness. Now, the issue is...when I load the CSS files in my globalTemplatito, it conflicts with the sexiness of my site.

My links change to the 1992 style blue that was the original color links back then ;-) My menu items get floated to the right, etc.

We are running a customized skin on our site, but our site is supposedly still using the stock CSS classes from IPB.

Any ideas my friend?

Archived