%7Boption%7D

File Name: Revolt

File Submitter: DustinRyan

File Submitted: 02 Sep 2011

File Category: Themed Skins

Supported Versions: IP.Blog 2.6.x, IP.Board 3.4.x, IP.Calendar 3.3.x, IP.Chat 1.4.x, IP.Content 2.3.x, IP.Downloads 2.5.x, IP.Gallery 5.0.x, IP.Nexus 1.5.x

Revolt is a green, orange, and grey/black skin fit perfectly for any gaming forum. With multiple layers of customizations, this skin has a great level of detail and polish to satisfy all needs! This is not a skin to pass up if you have a gaming-related forum! In version 2, we added social media links because we know having a great social networking community is key with gaming communities.

Supported add-ons: Blogs, Gallery, Downloads, Chat, Calendar, Nexus, and Content.

NOTE: If you own Revolt (1), contact me and you will get Revolt 2 for free!

*FREE Mobile skin included!*

Note: Those wishing to purchase this skin for IPB 3.3.4 instead of IPB 3.4, download version 2.2.6 of Revolt!

here to download this file

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

I just bought and installed this last night. Very nice. Thanks.

If I remember right, back in my earlier IPB days...when you installed a mod after the theme was installed, in order for it to show right in the ACP was for you to copy over the english language mod file or something like that from the default IPB skin to your new one.

Is this the same case these days? If so...can you steer me the right way? Thanks,

I'm not quite sure if I understand what you're referring to. Although, I don't use any other languages in IPB other than English, so it may be something I'm unfamiliar with because I don't install any other language packs, but as far as I know, the issue you are describing is not the case with the current version of IPB. Just import the skin and you're good to go.

Old schoolers know what I am talking about. What about hooks you install after the theme is up and running? Is there anything special you need to do with them besides the occasional theme images you need to copy over from the hook?

Also, how do I change the default post text from white to a grey?

Nothing is needed. I've used IPB since 1.3 but any mods I used were just hard code, not imported like they are today, but I know in 2.2 things required more tinkering. Hasn't been the case since like 2008. If anything starts appearing odd, just run the recache tool in the "Template Tools" page under the Look and Feel tab.

To change the text color for post text, look for this code in ipb_styles.css (in the editor for Revolt within your ACP):

.post_body .post { color: #eaeaea; }

Change #eaeaea to the hex code of the color you want. So dark grey would be like #555, medium grey would be #888, and lighter (but still not as light as it is currently), is something like #aaa. #fff would be the lightest it could go (that's pure white).

I can't see the screenshots they are posting because I'm a guest. Could you send them to me here? Are they talking about the mobile skin or regular skin? Buttons should work fine. View New Content functionality is not affected by the skin. It's just a link. It has always been a link. I haven't changed where the link clicks to.

I would never really recommend Safari as a browser, anyway, but if they want to use Safari, make sure they are using the latest version. If they are using an old version, that could be why. But buttons are buttons. The skin doesn't change what they do.

Hmm, I'm not quite sure why that is happening. But if you shoot me an admin login, I could try some tweaks with the code. I'll need to see what you have already going on in the skin and try out browsers on my end as well. But I'll see what I can do to maybe change the code to use more default classes, which hopefully will help compatibility for that Safari user.

Hmm, I'm not quite sure why that is happening. But if you shoot me an admin login, I could try some tweaks with the code. I'll need to see what you have already going on in the skin and try out browsers on my end as well. But I'll see what I can do to maybe change the code to use more default classes, which hopefully will help compatibility for that Safari user.

PM sent. Thanks man!

• 11 months later...

So i just bought the theme but when i try to import the image set it fails and says nothing to import? after extracting the xml file and trying to import that rather then the zipped version it gives an error stating it cant upload. All my file permissions are correct and I was able to import other skins just not this skin. When i check the sites files it did upload 4 files in /public/style_images/revolt_2/templates and those are blog.xml, core.xml, forums.xml and members.xml.

So i just bought the theme but when i try to import the image set it fails and says nothing to import? after extracting the xml file and trying to import that rather then the zipped version it gives an error stating it cant upload. All my file permissions are correct and I was able to import other skins just not this skin. When i check the sites files it did upload 4 files in /public/style_images/revolt_2/templates and those are blog.xml, core.xml, forums.xml and members.xml.

​So i tried again still having issues and im not sure why. Is there just a place i could download the images?

• 1 year later...

Archived