[XI] Delete Old Topics

Rugger

%7Boption%7D

File Name: [XI] Delete Old Topics

File Submitter: Rugger

File Submitted: 02 Sep 2011

File Category: Moderation Tools

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.2.x, IP.Board 3.3.x, IP.Board 3.4.x

Description: Searches for topics in selected forums that have a last post date that is older than X days and deletes them. Also includes an option to skip pinned and closed topics as well as an option to select which forums this mod will search in.

This file was created by Michael John (DevFuse), its continued maintenance has been taken over by myself. The majority (at this point all) code has been written by Michael and I take no credit for that.

Support will be provided by myself here or by posting on the http://www.xtremeidiots.com forums.

here to download this file

Pure Awesomeness ! Saves a lot of work, many thanks Mike :D

:)

I posted a question in Michael's board wrt Trash can setting? How to use it?

Answered your post on my forum already but here is for others reference.

Have you done a re-import of the hook file? I've changed the setting to choose between the new permanent delete or restore delete. If the IPB hook importer is not getting rid of the old setting, try deleting the hook then re-importing.

been hoping this was updated, do wish there was a way to set schedule per forum but still this was my most used item in 3.14.

one of the critical items you never see, it just does its thing :smile:

Long suggested feature, just don't have the time right now. Once I get some of my bigger mods updated and stable I should have more time to revisit some of the more popular free hooks like this one.

Can you also please add support of moving topics to different section? This way it can be auto archived in one section?

Not sure would go with the name of the hook. If no hook does the same thing, maybe an idea for another hook I can create when I have more time. But in the meantime, if you don't mind a few file edits, can put together some? Because I've updated the code to use the moderator library, it won't be too hard to change it to use the topicMove function instead.

Answered your post on my forum already but here is for others reference.

Have you done a re-import of the hook file? I've changed the setting to choose between the new permanent delete or restore delete. If the IPB hook importer is not getting rid of the old setting, try deleting the hook then re-importing.

Re-import did not help. However uninstall and then install anew resolved the problem.

Thank you

• 4 months later...

Is there a way i can get this to have another forum selection option the same as the include which forums section and also a day counter like delete x topics after x days but for this purpose + message box

Select forums to email reminders to
Select days before deletion to email user
Message box to allow us to add our own message

The idea behind this would be to use in a more a notice or classified environment where i can set the forums to delete after xyz days, but what i would like to do is from those forums select any or all of them to have an email sent to the poster at the set days notice set saying something like.

Your post @ xyz titled - this post name, is due to be deleted within the next 7 days please log on using the link below and select the bump option t repost your thread
-
hxxp://www.thissiteadresslinkythinybobyhere.com

Not with the current version, would require customization to achieve something like you want.

Thanks, I am happy to go down that path if that is available / you wish to do that and pay / will conatct you when ready to work on that section.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a little problem with that hook...

I have some sub-categories which are full with imported RSS feed. (~ 80,000 topics)

When I'm trying to run this task I get this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 91 bytes) in /home/www/admin/applications/forums/sources/classes/topics.php on line 699

And... that's after I raised the 'memory_limit' to 512M in the php.ini file.

Is there something else I should change in the php.ini or something?

Thanks.

Well, the main problem is the hook couldn't handle with so much topics that I had.

Anyways, I written a SQL query that does the same thing and deleted all topics that older then 30 days.

And from now on, the hook is capable of handling the amount of topics I have left :)

Well, the main problem is the hook couldn't handle with so much topics that I had.

Anyways, I written a SQL query that does the same thing and deleted all topics that older then 30 days.

And from now on, the hook is capable of handling the amount of topics I have left :smile:

Glad you got it fixed, I've made a note of this. Will include some type of query limit next update.

Glad you got it fixed, I've made a note of this. Will include some type of query limit next update.

Yeah, that would be awsome.

It'll be good if you can take under consideration in your script of those 2 matters:

1. The maximum memory of the user for his board.
  2. The number of topics that are waiting to be deleted.

That way you can totally fix this issue ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived