Content Portal

CnCNet

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Content Portal

File Submitter: Grant B

File Submitted: 30 Aug 2011

File Category: Integration

Introducing the Free Content Portal
Now compatible with Content v2.3.4 (IPB 3.4.1)

This is a quick working example of Content, giving you a basic portal page. Have fun!

Blocks in the IPB_3.4.1_Portal_2.3.4.zip download includes:

• Custom Navigation Links (Sidebar)
  • Featured Video (Small)
  • Welcome Back Profile /Login/Register (Small)
  • Welcome Back Profile /Login/Register Default (Large)
  • Feed (Example with World News from BBC)
  • Simple Welcome Message

Previous Version notes/features/ etc can be found below in the spoiler.

IPB 3.3 I will continue to update this for 3.3, more blocks, layouts etc. For now you have: Blocks Added:

Custom Navigation (Updated to include title for links, and title for the <h3>Block Name</h3> Plugin: Polls - Specify a poll to be listed in your block in Plugin Options. Plugin: Displays a welcome block to the logged in user, or a login form if the user is a guest Active Users - Shows all active users. Online Friends - Shows online friends to members. Status Updates - A list of all status updates created by your members. Who's 'Viewing this page' - Specifically for individual pages if you want to see who's viewing separate content. Tags - Displays tags just like the forum. Custom: Featured Video Block. Feed: Specify a topic, or leave as default to pull any reply from any forum. Feed: Latest profile comments Feed: Featured Blog Entry Feed: Add any Feed URL and display its content. Example is WORLD NEWS - BBC.

1. [*]
3 Column layout demo

1. [*]Active Users [*]Board Footer Active Users [*]Custom Navigation [*]Online Friends [*]Recent Posts [*]Recent Topics [*]Recent Status Updates [*]RSS Feed (Set currently to World News) [*]Top 10 Member (Based on Reputation 100+) [*]Welcome Message

read this link

[url= here to download this file

IPS Layout Includes (So far): IPB 3.2 This allows you to have a portal, similar to the IPS one that recently was discontinued. The beauty of this, it will update with no issues with the IP Board and Content updates. I will help to a degree with different layouts and block types, names titles, etc (if people are struggling) or find it hard to change blocks, block titles etc. The reason this is free is because its nothing more than some IPS Content Wizard steps, and a few simple edits of page content. Included: Blocks XML to import into Content Read Me HTML File Blocks Include: Remember Everything is editable! For BOARD VERSIONS below 3.2.X, on how to make it compatible.

There is a problem with downloading the File. it says

[#10851] We're sorry, but you cannot download files from our Download Manager. If you are seeing this message, it is because you do not hold an active IP.Content license. If this is a mistake, please contact an administrator. Otherwise, why not show your support for CCS and purchase a license?

If you hold a perpetual license for the software, you need only purchase the yearly support option to gain full access to this site.

It's based on IP.Content. :smile: , if you do not have an active IP.Content support contract you will not be able to download that file or any file from the IP.Content section of the Marketplace.

This is no different to say not having Gallery / Blog and attempting to download something for that. You can always view all the sections though (and so can guests actually) , the support topics such as this are not segregated into different categories per product.

I'm using a skin that is not the default skin. I am using 3.14.

I simply copied and pasted (replaced) the code you provided in the readme file into the index.html file and instead of a 3-column layout, I am getting a 1-column wide look that stretches across the page, with block after block after block and then the article parsing ...

The blocks I want are there but it would appear the css file I am using is causing all kinds of havoc? If I am learning anything about css and html, it would appear the div classes of ipslayout ... do not exist in the css file and so the formatting is all lost.

Any quick ideas? I don't want you to go into huge coding stuff just on my behalf. I can pm you the css file if that helps ?

Thanks,

Brian

Stick this code in ipcontent.css

This applies for versions below 3.2 (Thank Marcher for the heads up versions below 3.2 didn't have this layout code)

/************************************************************************/

/* IP.Board 3.2 CSS - By Rikki Tissier - ©2008 Invision Power Services  */

/* source = ipb_styles.css	*/

/* LAYOUT SYSTEM */

.ipsLayout.ipsLayout_withleft { padding-left: 210px; }

.ipsLayout.ipsLayout_withright { padding-right: 210px; clear: left; }

/* Panes */

.ipsLayout_content, .ipsLayout .ipsLayout_left, .ipsLayout_right { position: relative; }

.ipsLayout_content { width: 100%; float: left; }

.ipsLayout .ipsLayout_left { width: 200px; margin-left: -210px; float: left; }

.ipsLayout .ipsLayout_right { width: 200px; margin-right: -210px; float: right; }

/* Wider sidebars */

.ipsLayout_largeleft.ipsLayout_withleft { padding-left: 280px; }

.ipsLayout_largeleft.ipsLayout .ipsLayout_left { width: 270px; margin-left: -280px; }

.ipsLayout_largeright.ipsLayout_withright { padding-right: 290px; }

.ipsLayout_largeright.ipsLayout .ipsLayout_right { width: 280px; margin-right: -290px; }

/* Narrow sidebars */

.ipsLayout_smallleft.ipsLayout_withleft { padding-left: 150px; }

.ipsLayout_smallleft.ipsLayout .ipsLayout_left { width: 140px; margin-left: -150px; }

.ipsLayout_smallright.ipsLayout_withright { padding-right: 150px; }

.ipsLayout_smallright.ipsLayout .ipsLayout_right { width: 140px; margin-right: -150px; }

/* Tiny sidebar */

.ipsLayout_tinyleft.ipsLayout_withleft { padding-left: 50px; }

.ipsLayout_tinyleft.ipsLayout .ipsLayout_left { width: 40px; margin-left: -40px; }

.ipsLayout_tinyright.ipsLayout_withright { padding-right: 50px; }

.ipsLayout_tinyright.ipsLayout .ipsLayout_right { width: 40px; margin-right: -40px; }

/* Big sidebar */

.ipsLayout_bigleft.ipsLayout_withleft { padding-left: 330px; }

.ipsLayout_bigleft.ipsLayout .ipsLayout_left { width: 320px; margin-left: -330px; }

.ipsLayout_bigright.ipsLayout_withright { padding-right: 330px; }

.ipsLayout_bigright.ipsLayout .ipsLayout_right { width: 320px; margin-right: -330px; }

/* Even Wider sidebars */

.ipsLayout_hugeleft.ipsLayout_withleft { padding-left: 380px; }

.ipsLayout_hugeleft.ipsLayout .ipsLayout_left { width: 370px; margin-left: -380px; }

.ipsLayout_hugeright.ipsLayout_withright { padding-right: 380px; }

.ipsLayout_hugeright.ipsLayout .ipsLayout_right { width: 370px; margin-right: -380px; }

Hey,

thanks for that. I know so little css that it took a bit of back and forth to get the center block in place.

Another question: the block in the download for custom navigation - why is it a block inside a box? I tried to take out some code and it works:

<div class='general_box'>

<h3>Custom Navigation Title</h3>
<ul>
<li><a href="#">Custom Nav Link 1</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Custom Nav Link 2</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Custom Nav Link 3</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Custom Nav Link 4</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Custom Nav Link 5</a><br>
</ul>

</div>
<br />

but just wondered what that line <div id="category_list" class="ipsSideBlock clearfix">

did?

Thanks,

Brian

quick question please, this is basically just updating the default install ip content page and making it more of a home page correct?

IOW after installed I treat it like any other ipconent (I am starting to learn this) page?

thanks much.

All these blocks can be auto created through the ips wizard. (Apart from custom nav. ) You can place the page code i included in the readme in any page, index.html is just an example of where to replace. Yea its just editing a few pre-built blocks into left center and right blocks.

Hey,

thanks for that. I know so little css that it took a bit of back and forth to get the center block in place.

Another question: the block in the download for custom navigation - why is it a block inside a box? I tried to take out some code and it works:

<div class='general_box'>

<h3>Custom Navigation Title</h3>

<ul>

<li><a href="#">Custom Nav Link 1</a></li>

<li><a href="#">Custom Nav Link 2</a></li>

<li><a href="#">Custom Nav Link 3</a></li>

<li><a href="#">Custom Nav Link 4</a></li>

<li><a href="#">Custom Nav Link 5</a><br>

</ul>

</div>

<br />

but just wondered what that line <div id="category_list" class="ipsSideBlock clearfix">

did?

Thanks,

Brian

<div id="category_list" class="ipsSideBlock clearfix">

Adds the prebuilt style found for ip content article categories.

your style:
post-132758-0-36330600-1314910393_thumb.

my style:
post-132758-0-66575400-1314910412_thumb.

did that but got errors on the pages, forgot to take screenshot.
will do another backup and try it again in case the block imports may have have issue.

edit: it seems it may have have been either a block import or an initial content install issue.
since it was unmodified fresh content install I uninstalled, reinstalled and added this and seems fine now.

what causes this error when I try to edit rss world news feed source?
it looks to be related to tutorials app but I am not positive.

Fatal error: Declaration of feed_tutorials::checkFeedOrdering() must be compatible with that of feedBlockInterface::checkFeedOrdering() in xxxxx/xxxx/public_html/admin/applications_addon/ips/ccs/sources/blocks/feed/data_sources/tutorials.php on line 12

disregard is tutrial issue