[IPBLounge] Applications System

aSimpleIdea

Few thing I don't get, What are the moderator for? I can't do anything from the site side with applications. I have always changed app status from ACP.

Where do I control apps from the site side? I can't find it anywhere. I'm using latest app version and 3.3.4 forums.

Few thing I don't get, What are the moderator for? I can't do anything from the site side with applications. I have always changed app status from ACP.

You add moderators to each Group Application, this enables 'Site Side' Moderation - in other words you can change the status of the application.

Where do I control apps from the site side? I can't find it anywhere. I'm using latest app version and 3.3.4 forums.

See above - add a Moderator :)

You add moderators to each Group Application, this enables 'Site Side' Moderation - in other words you can change the status of the application.

See above - add a Moderator :smile:

I'm full admin and did add myself as a moderator but I don't see any option to control the aps from the site side

NVM :).

I have 2 suggestions, for a future update of this mod: I hope you get what I mean else let me know and I'll try and explain it better.

[*]Make a description field for each question option, and have it excluded from the posting/topic process. So like if you setup a question and want to make a small description of what it is you mean, you do it there. That way when someone applies they can see the description to better understand the question and then if the system is setup to post a topic or post in a topic it'll only show the question and the answer below it. [*]Add an option to disable the title ability and use a custom preset title feature, for when using the post in topic. Ex. if you make the group use posting of topic you can choose weather to use a custom preset title or if the applicant should be able to set their own topic. If you choose custom title then you get a new field that you can enter how the preset title should be like and then hide the title field in the application process.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it could be because I'm doing something wrong (idk)

In the admin panel, all of the fields are totally blank. The entire application says nothing and I so I can't change any of the settings or anything.

but on the front side, I get this error: Fatal error: Call to a member function home() on a non-object in /home/becca/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/groupjoin/modules_public/view/view.php on line 127

I know that I put all of the files via ftp onto the server according to the instructions...

Thanks.

Well, it could be because I'm doing something wrong (idk)

In the admin panel, all of the fields are totally blank. The entire application says nothing and I so I can't change any of the settings or anything.

but on the front side, I get this error: Fatal error[color=#000000][font=Times New Roman][size=1]: Call to a member function home() on a non-object in [/size][/font][/color]/home/becca/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/groupjoin/modules_public/view/view.php[color=#000000][font=Times New Roman][size=1] on line [/size][/font][/color]127

I know that I put all of the files via ftp onto the server according to the instructions...

Thanks.

Are you able to confirm the file exists in your ftp program?
When you query the properties on it, what are the file permissions and ownership?
Also ownership of the directory too.

You may want to compare the permissions etc with other .pho files and directories in /home/becca/public_html/admin/ or a subdirectory of that, this sounds like a permissions issue.
For most they need to be 0644 (RW not X) otherwise the server will refuse to parse them for security reasons.

I changed the folders for the app to 644, and now accessing the applications system in the admin menu I get a #404 Incorrect fURL error.

The other folders inside the apps directory in FTP are set to 755 permissions and they work fine. When I switch back to 755, I am able to access the app on the admin panel but it looks like this:

%7Boption%7D

On the front side, I get the same error as before.

Could I be doing something wrong? Thanks

What happens when you click on 'Groups' in left hand column?

The view you posted looks as I remember mine did when first installed, only after adding a group does the view become populated.

(Apologies for wrong steer, I should have said folders need to be 0755 and files 0644)

The groups page looks like this:

%7Boption%7DScreenShot2012-08-15at12201PM.png' alt='" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000" height="347">

I would test to see if it is a problem with the fact that I haven't added a group, but I can't because when I do anything theres no text to correspond to the fields I'm supposed to be filling out.

As for the permissions, I will try to reset that again as soon as I'm back on my regular computer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The biggest thing I need with this application, and I know it's been mentioned before is support for secondary groups. I need to ability for a member to be able to apply for multiple groups, especially as a gaming community, and with members being only able to apply for a primary group, this is not possible.

ie.

Member applies for:
Bf3 group, then also applies for Gw2 group.

• 2 weeks later...

hey

would it be possible to have the option to choose if u want the system to update/add the group as a primary or secondary group?

Will be added on future updates. For now, if you want to add secondary groups you'll have to add them manually.

Is this going mod getting any update soon?

Yes it is. But not very soon, I'm still trying to correct some hard issues and decide what to add on future updates. ;)

The biggest thing I need with this application, and I know it's been mentioned before is support for secondary groups. I need to ability for a member to be able to apply for multiple groups, especially as a gaming community, and with members being only able to apply for a primary group, this is not possible.

ie.

Member applies for:

Bf3 group, then also applies for Gw2 group.

Users can apply for multiple groups of course. But you have to add secondary groups manually for now. ;)

Hi,

I am on 3.3.4 and, unfortunately, I meet a bug. When enabling the applications system (I've never used yet, BTW), a few display bugs appear (for example, the username above the profile images, at the left side of posts in the forum, has been moved/shift). When do you think you'll do the next upgrade ? Honestly, I would need it before 3.4..

Many thanks,

Atsuki.

We are currently a group of 7 clans, and we are part of an alliance, to help with comms, we are looking at merging onto one site. I was looking at using content to create basic application forms, and they would post in their relevant sections. However member groups are an issue here as don't want too many with access to the ACP. So have come across your application.

So a few questions.

1) With each created form, can you set which user groups can accept/decline the applications?

We have 7 clans, so each clan will have groups set for each main position. We wouldn't want a recruiter from clan 1, to be able to accept applications for clan 2.

2) With each created form, can you select which group they go in?

I know after reading your write that this is possible, however is it possible on a per form basis.

Example

Form 1 = Members -> Clan 1 Member

Form 2 = Members -> Clan 2 Member

Form 3 = Members -> Clan 3 Member