[IPBLounge] Applications System

aSimpleIdea

Wow, and I thought they were terrible!! :D They're included in the package ;)

I just uploaded it, please contact me as soon as you can if you find bugs, errors, or any other issue, so I can fix it soon.
I didn't test every single thing, since some of you were in a hurry, but the essential things should work.

The author needs to change or remove class names that would conflict. In the meantime, a temporary fix (that doesn't appear to affect the application) is:

Find:

.author, .ipsComment_reply_user {

Change to:

.ipsComment_reply_user {

Save.

Thanks bro..
resolved..

I have fixed the issue with the backend menu not showing. All had to do with Admin CP Restrictions so there is now bug.

Ok so we have one major suggestion is file attachments for a question, much like IP.Content databases. If you had these added in I think your mod should go for more like $15-$20.

We have a need to have file attachments in the original submission for things such as a signed membership agreement and/or non-disclosure agreements. Also configuration for secondary groups would be great as well and make this app complete for us.

Also since all groups are listed, does the following option actually only check if those groups are a users primary group? If so this will already be a problem. If it had to be one way or the other I am sure most would say to have it give access as long as they are a member in that group.

"Specifies which primary groups can view applications posted for this group."

The minor thing I would suggest would be moderator permissions by groups as well.

Last thing to mention. You cannot seem to add the default statuses to each group. Are those automatically set for all groups? It should not be so. You should be able to define exactly what status options are set for that group.

Also you should make a global option to set the "accepted status" much like with the "submitted status" If you were to delete the "accepted status" (Accepted) right now I imagine it would cause some issues.

Hello,
First, I would like to thank roc13x for the support you are giving, I appreciate it very much, thanks man. :)

Second.

[Bug report]

Re-answering an invalidated application. Page title and user navigation is "editing_application".

Thank you, that should be a language issue.

canot view Application on Tab. still shows blank. its active in settings.

here:

http://mobapps.me/in...p?app=groupjoin

screen:

Change opening date/deadline or availalbe spots. Groups don't show only when nobody can apply.

I have fixed the issue with the backend menu not showing. All had to do with Admin CP Restrictions so there is now bug.

Ok so we have one major suggestion is file attachments for a question, much like IP.Content databases. If you had these added in I think your mod should go for more like $15-$20.

We have a need to have file attachments in the original submission for things such as a signed membership agreement and/or non-disclosure agreements. Also configuration for secondary groups would be great as well and make this app complete for us.

Also since all groups are listed, does the following option actually only check if those groups are a users primary group? If so this will already be a problem. If it had to be one way or the other I am sure most would say to have it give access as long as they are a member in that group.

"[color=#969A9D][font=Helvetica Neue', helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(245, 248, 250)]Specifies which primary groups can view applications posted for this group."[/background][/size][/font][/color]

The minor thing I would suggest would be moderator permissions by groups as well.

Last thing to mention. You cannot seem to add the default statuses to each group. Are those automatically set for all groups? It should not be so. You should be able to define exactly what status options are set for that group.

Also you should make a global option to set the "accepted status" much like with the "submitted status" If you were to delete the "accepted status" (Accepted) right now I imagine it would cause some issues.

The price of the app already is 16 dollars, there a LOT of things. It is 9.5 now to celebrate the new version. :)
1. I will work on attachments on future updates.
2. Yes, only primary group. On future updates I am going to use premission masks instead, but still not sure about it.
3. You mean applications being moderated by an entire group? I thought about it, but it would be hard to handle applications, because the app should send notifications to a lot of users everytime, and it could probably happen that two or more moderators are moderating the same application, and so creating some confusion. I am going to think about it...
4. Yes you can, of course you should add them BEFORE setting groups. Or you can simply add them later, and then edit the group settings. :)
5. I didn't clearly understand this, but the 'Accepted' (of course you can rename it as you want), means that you are admitting the user to the group they applied for.

I also wrote a To-Dos section in the txt file, with things that I'd like to add on future versions. :)

So if I give view access to a group we only assign as a secondary group then it actually wont work for those uesrs? I would think it makes way more sense regardless of the group being the users primary.

If this is indeed the case there are significant limitations to our configuration on IPB with member groups.

Not so much applications being moderated by an entire group per say, but that all users in that group are granted the supplied permissions. Same way for moderating on forums in IBP, you can chose to assign the permissions to a membergroup or a particular member, with the permissions for that member (if set) overriding the permissions they would have been granted (or denied) based on their member group(s).

What I meant by default statues is the ones that come with the initial install of the application. IMHO I would make it so they are the same as any other ones created later by the user since they are in the same list and can also be edited/deleted just the same. However I would exclude accepted from being deleted (and Ref me #5 response)

In response to your #5:

I think there can be issues if the "Accepted" gets renamed or deleted. Might be good to set it so it cannot be deleted since that status is vital to the proper operation of your modification. We edited or removed the other but I didn't realize how important Accepted was until I went to moderator permissions and noticed accepted was not listed in one of the sets, thus indicating you cannot change the status once accepted. This told me that the status was hard coded and vital to the apps operation, unlike the default submitted group which is set on a per group/application basis. Maybe have a little icon that informs you it is the status for applications which are accepted which is why it cannot be deleted.

The same is sort of true for the Invalid group I see now to.

Some moderate and minor suggestions:

1. Improvements to user field sizes. Should be both a textarea and textbox option. Textareas for small fields is just not pretty haha. Also suggest allow adding in labels for sets of questions. Basically ability to add a question without any opption for the user to answer it, or it being numbered. Then it can be ordered and placed however by the group creator.

2. The ability to make questions dependent on a radio, checkbox, or drop down select from a another question. I.e. user must select if they were a former member or not of the organization. The following question asks for their membership ID (if former member). Would be great to have the option to either hide, or grey out the ability to answer question if they selected new member since they would not have a previous membership ID.

3. Option as with Nexus for SSL in situations where the entire site is not SSL. Ill leave this one short and sweet.

4. Allow customization of what is displayed in the forum posts (if enabled). Ie you can have a differently typed question of whats displayed in the forum, and also set where and slightly how the returned values display as well. This obvious might be some major undertaking.

All these things would significantly increase what you can charge for this application. Maybe consider a separate branch for those who need a more extensive set of features.

----

Hopefully you understand that concerns I brought up, especially the Accepted group not being protected from being deleted which could end bad if an admin messed up.

Military Gaming is not my personal company, however I run a business consulting company and on occasion recommend IPB to clients. I know many that could find your application very useful and would really like to consider doing some promotion for ya ;)

Hello,
thank you for your comments and suggestions.
I will consider that moderating group :)

Default statuses can be customized in order to provide a better board integration. But, of course, they cannot absolutely be deleted. Have you tried to delete them and see what happens? ;) Anyway, as I wrote in the to-Dos, I'm planning to remove every default statuses, and leave just one, since I'll probably introduce the statuses actions (example: When status is set --> ACTION: promote user, ban user, treat application as invalid (user must answer again), refuse and temporarily suspend user's application ability).

I have already thought about all the suggestions you gave me, except for the SSL one, I will try to do something about that.

Thank you again, I really appreciate :)

The code below happens when Commenting Refreshing the page will remove the error and the comment will show. If not for this error appearing the comment system seems all good.

Strict Standards: Declaration of comments_groupjoin_comments::init() should be compatible with that of classes_comments_renderer::init() in /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxx/applications_addon/other/groupjoin/extensions/comments/comments.php on line 452

Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to classes_comments_renderer::remapFromLocal() must be an array, null given, called in /home/crosshai/public_html/tsadmin/sources/classes/comments/bootstrap.php on line 885 and defined in /home/crosshai/public_html/tsadmin/sources/classes/comments/bootstrap.php on line 1513

And when viewing applications the code below appears at the top of the page, would love to resolv this

Strict Standards: Declaration of comments_groupjoin_comments::init() should be compatible with that of classes_comments_renderer::init() in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxx/applications_addon/other/groupjoin/extensions/comments/comments.php on line 452

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxx/public_html/tsadmin/applications_addon/other/groupjoin/extensions/comments/comments.php:452) in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxx/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxx/applications_addon/other/groupjoin/extensions/comments/comments.php:452) in /home/xxxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxx/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxx/applications_addon/other/groupjoin/extensions/comments/comments.php:452) in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxx/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxx/applications_addon/other/groupjoin/extensions/comments/comments.php:452) in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxx/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxxx/applications_addon/other/groupjoin/extensions/comments/comments.php:452) in /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxxxx/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141

Hello,

thank you for your comments and suggestions.

I will consider that moderating group :smile:

Default statuses can be customized in order to provide a better board integration. But, of course, they cannot absolutely be deleted. Have you tried to delete them and see what happens? ;) Anyway, as I wrote in the to-Dos, I'm planning to remove every default statuses, and leave just one, since I'll probably introduce the statuses actions (example: When status is set --> ACTION: promote user, ban user, treat application as invalid (user must answer again), refuse and temporarily suspend user's application ability).

I have already thought about all the suggestions you gave me, except for the SSL one, I will try to do something about that.

Thank you again, I really appreciate :smile:

I appreciate your support. SSL is indeed often overlooked but is something many people running companies and handling private information want.

Also the post in topic thing doesn't work if the submitter does not have access to that forum. I would suggest another option to have a specific user (must like the way RSS imports work) make the post. That account could be a user or just an account with the access needed. For example we want the system to make a post in a topic, but that topic is located in a private board only accessible to our Membership Services staff and directors.

I did not try deleting those default groups. Would make sense to remove the delete option from them then haha. I would like the status actions.

I know I keep putting these out there, however while I like the moderator notes creating a PM, I feel for our use that the comments system would be better. While we want some members to view non-private fields of the application for the ability to "Support Member", it would be great to actually have a permissions for viewing of comments. This way you could grant viewing app status but not to comments, allowing comments to be accessible by certain staff via their member group. This would allow our staff and the individual who posted to supply comments that everyone can see, allowing staff to cover each other in the processing stages for the applicant. Also an option that would either allow or disallow the submitter access to comments.

Maybe a better option in lieu of the above suggestion is a comments system on the backend as well.

Our members have already suggested that there should be a heading label before comments on the front-end that looks cleaner, much like IP.Content.

I apologize if it seems I am throwing you a lot of stuff here, but I hope it can help.

Hello! I have a little problem with this app. I use them at non-english board, and they don't wanna show properly questions. Currently I'm using the UTF-8 encode, and I have no problem with encoding chars, but app shows:

Ä�óÄ�Å�Å�żźÄ�Å�[/CODE]

In opposed to:

ęóąśłżźćńĘÓĄŚŁŻŹĆŃ

I also tried latin1 encode but that not help. When I type question directly to DB I see them properly at list - but when I add them via ACP i have this problem... Any possible reason?

Once again another request, however this one is actually important for our use. We are considering just going with a 3rd party system for our needs.

The request is to allow multiple groups for the same member group. This way certain groups would have different applications. Example would be to allow our certain users (ie those on our reserve roster) to submit a shorter more simple form to reapply for their active membership instead of a new membership application.

Any chance of using the editor with attachments coming soon(ish)?

good idea

Hello! I have a little problem with this app. I use them at non-english board, and they don't wanna show properly questions. Currently I'm using the UTF-8 encode, and I have no problem with encoding chars, but app shows:

Ä�óÄ�Å�Å�żźÄ�Å�[/CODE]

In opposed to:

ęóąśłżźćńĘÓĄŚŁŻŹĆŃ

I also tried latin1 encode but that not help. When I type question directly to DB I see them properly at list - but when I add them via ACP i have this problem... Any possible reason?

same problem here

Today I bought a mod. everything just fine but there is a compatibility issue with Cyrillic language

Ра��кажи�е п�о ва�:

instead of

Расскажите про вас:

also in topic of application questions are not transferred to the new line and wrote it all in one line

Vashe imja:<br />A: 08-Июля 12<br /><br />767678967<br />A: 23425цукецукецуекуке<br /><br />88888888<br />A: цеукецкецукецукецкецукецк<br /><br />45кекеÑ�е<br />A: ецукецкецецкецуекцукецуке<br /><br /><br>View full application[/code]

I'm planning to translate the application into Russian (public)