[IPBLounge] Applications System

aSimpleIdea

everything is shifted

%7Boption%7D

Uploaded with

ImageShack.us

That is normal, because you set Show Description to Off. On next version it will disappear. :wink:

Hey any idea when next version will be out :smile:

I still don't know, I'm a little busy with my university now, but I am going to post a preview image in a couple of days.

Thank You very much, your supports are the best "thank you" that I could ever get :smile:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, i'm very sorry for the delay guys :D

Now for the preview, these are the new features you can use while adding a new group. Sorry for the bad text guys, it still is on a eary stage of beta, everything can still change. Those double slashes // means that I will definetely change that text and make it more readable, but for now, I will leave it as it is, since it is still in developement.

%7Boption%7D

Nothing to say about this part, only thing changed is that Don't ask checkbox, that many of you asked. It means that the program will not consider that aspect when checking if user can apply or not.
Two new things:
- Last Warn : Insert numer of days that must pass since last warn given to an user befor they can post a request.
- Must not be in a moderation queue: I think this is pretty obvious, users in a moderation queue will not be able to apply if this is checked.

Now for the brand new part.
%7Boption%7D

New Application = New Topic: some of you asked me to do this. If checked, when a user posts a new request, a new topic is posted on the forum you want. This topic will contain every reply to the questions that will be asked to them (Only if the question is NOT PRIVATE... yes, in this new version question can also be private, this means that only moderators will be able to read them. ) and of course you can manage visibility for this topic (approved, pinned etc).

Comments: Almost everyone asked this. Some of this settings are pretty clear.
- Comment is New Post: if the "New Application = New Topic" setting is set to yes, every new comment will be posted as a reply. I know I didn't explain it so good so I will make an example. User A posts a new request, which will create a new topic. User B posts a comment to it, and a new reply to that topic is created with user B's comment.

%7Boption%7D

More power to moderators!

Notes are small messages that moderators can share (eg.: "I started a conversation with this user, because I found something wrong with him" or "To Moderator B: leave this to me ; ) " etc ).

This new version will come with only three statuses: Just posted, Accepted, Refused, and cannot absolutely be removed. You can only edit them (i'll show you what i mean with that). This is because you will be able to add as many statuses as you want: according to what your board is about you can add statuses such as "In consideration", "Incomplete" or whatever comes in your mind. Each one of them has their settings, and one of this is the "Requires Admin Approval". So, if one of these statuses has this setting set to "NO", moderators can do whatever they want. But you might have a group on your board that is particularly "critic", so you might want to keep an eye on each request made. When setting that group, you can set the "Status Changes Require Admin Approval" to yes, this means that you have to approve each status change made to an application, even if that status does not require it. Contact me if I was not clear.

Other two options are pretty clear to me. :smile:

- Custom Message: Write a message that will be displayed to user once users begin answering questions (Eg.: rules, terms and conditions to apply for this group, etc)
- Automatically Promote Users: If set to yes, users will be automatically be part of the group they applied. This is very useful if you want to to treat my application as a Survey System, eg.: You can set some questions about your board (how to improve it, what do users think about it etc), and, once done, they will be promoted to a VIP group, as a "reward" for helping you improve the board.

That's all for now, this is only a very small part of this new update, because everything is being totally rewritten. :smile:
Post a reply iif you want more infos. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just bought this a few days ago; great work.

That being said, is there any way to release a minor update/tell me how to remove the age verification requirement when applying for a group?

I have a gaming clan with a fairly long recruitment process, so having them add another step by manually editing their age once registered is tedious. If you can minimally instruct me how to and/or I can give you ACP and you can do it, I'd appreciate it a lot.

Very nice Regan will the topic layout be laid out as a table when created with Questions on top and answers on bottom eg

Q.Why do you want to join?

A.Cause i like this place

Yes, this is exactly the way i wanted it to be! :smile:

Hi,

Can you make it possible to post the topic as a poll, and add options like "accept me" and then "yes/no" as choices [img]

[/img]

I want to do a 'Support Me' system in the application side of the app: when viewing an application you will also be able to click a 'Support Me!' link, and a section called 'Most Supported Applications'. I thought this could be useful for supermods and admins to select new potential moderators based on members' preferences. So that it could also be anonymous. I want do it like this rather than creating a poll.

Nothing new?

Nothing new, just studying for my university exams and improving settings :smile:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, i'm very sorry for the delay guys [img]

[/img]

Now for the preview, these are the new features you can use while adding a new group. Sorry for the bad text guys, it still is on a eary stage of beta, everything can still change. Those double slashes // means that I will definetely change that text and make it more readable, but for now, I will leave it as it is, since it is still in developement.

[img]

[/img]

Nothing to say about this part, only thing changed is that Don't ask checkbox, that many of you asked. It means that the program will not consider that aspect when checking if user can apply or not.

Two new things:

- Last Warn : Insert numer of days that must pass since last warn given to an user befor they can post a request.

- Must not be in a moderation queue: I think this is pretty obvious, users in a moderation queue will not be able to apply if this is checked.

Now for the brand new part.

[img]

[/img]

New Application = New Topic: some of you asked me to do this. If checked, when a user posts a new request, a new topic is posted on the forum you want. This topic will contain every reply to the questions that will be asked to them (Only if the question is NOT PRIVATE... yes, in this new version question can also be private, this means that only moderators will be able to read them. ) and of course you can manage visibility for this topic (approved, pinned etc).

Comments: Almost everyone asked this. Some of this settings are pretty clear.

- Comment is New Post: if the "New Application = New Topic" setting is set to yes, every new comment will be posted as a reply. I know I didn't explain it so good so I will make an example. User A posts a new request, which will create a new topic. User B posts a comment to it, and a new reply to that topic is created with user B's comment.

[img]

[/img]

More power to moderators!

Notes are small messages that moderators can share (eg.: "I started a conversation with this user, because I found something wrong with him" or "To Moderator B: leave this to me ; ) " etc ).

This new version will come with only three statuses: Just posted, Accepted, Refused, and cannot absolutely be removed. You can only edit them (i'll show you what i mean with that). This is because you will be able to add as many statuses as you want: according to what your board is about you can add statuses such as "In consideration", "Incomplete" or whatever comes in your mind. Each one of them has their settings, and one of this is the "Requires Admin Approval". So, if one of these statuses has this setting set to "NO", moderators can do whatever they want. But you might have a group on your board that is particularly "critic", so you might want to keep an eye on each request made. When setting that group, you can set the "Status Changes Require Admin Approval" to yes, this means that you have to approve each status change made to an application, even if that status does not require it. Contact me if I was not clear.

Other two options are pretty clear to me. [img]

' alt='' class='ipsImage' >' alt='' class='ipsImage' >[/img]

- Custom Message: Write a message that will be displayed to user once users begin answering questions (Eg.: rules, terms and conditions to apply for this group, etc)

- Automatically Promote Users: If set to yes, users will be automatically be part of the group they applied. This is very useful if you want to to treat my application as a Survey System, eg.: You can set some questions about your board (how to improve it, what do users think about it etc), and, once done, they will be promoted to a VIP group, as a "reward" for helping you improve the board.

That's all for now, this is only a very small part of this new update, because everything is being totally rewritten. [img]

Post a reply iif you want more infos. [img]

So when do we get this version?

I still don't know, I finished my exams last week, now all my attention is focused on this new version.

I don't know how much it will take me, since this new version will be like 3-4 times bigger and will bring tons of new features, this is the reason why I am going to raise its price ( this won't affect people who already bought it ).

So there will be no update, the 2.0 version won't be compatible with the old one, so you will have to uninstall it completely before installing this one.

Greetings. :smile:

Hi DevRegan,

You have done an excellent job! It has huge potential! You are the only game in town now! Hope you can make a lot of money from this.

Could you please help me with the following questions?

1. If I do not want to restrict on Posts, Age, Warning Lebel, Days passed, Reputation, how can I hide these from Post a Request page?

2. Can I add some description text on "Request this Group" page?

3. For the Text Area, how can I make it wider longer, and more than 300 character limit?

Thank you very much for your kind help!!

Sean

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, of course, but "some errors" is too general, you should tell me what it is all about.

Anyway, I can't add new features on a later stage, as it would be way too hard to manage and would be totally useless, because many things will change.
That's why, as I told some posts ago, the application is being completely rewritten.

Bye! :wink:

I reupload all latest file yesterday

When you will delete request from acp this error comes up

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /srv/vhost/localhost/domain/applications_addon/other/groupjoin/modules_admin/requests/requests.php on line 299[/CODE]

this problem already reported on post #20 from the beginning and you never fixed it even I tried to update. http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/345562-download-group-joining-system/#entry2160453 If you using the .htaccess IP.SEO and furl : View request become like this:

[code]http://domain/view/

My requests will be:

http://domain/app=groupjoin/page__module__view__section__view__do__my_reqs

and cannot open and its going to front page

sometime on refusing request to join will have some error bit similar like when deleting...

so can you explain and fixed it ? please advice me.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...