Community

DevRegan

[IPBLounge] Applications System

Hello there! 

To everyone asking: YES, Applications System WILL be updated for IPB 4.0. :) 

There's just one "little" problem, the 4.0 documentation is not available yet, so... yeah, not my fault, sorry :(

That's no problem, thanks for letting us know man.

Looking forward to the new update when it arrives and thanks for the great work so far.

Hello there! 

To everyone asking: YES, Applications System WILL be updated for IPB 4.0. :) 

There's just one "little" problem, the 4.0 documentation is not available yet, so... yeah, not my fault, sorry :(

Ok so how much more can we wait? It's been already a month.

I would find this useful for 4.0 and would purchase the application.

As I have mentioned in the past, the ability to have people apply without being members would be beneficial - Not just to me, I think anyone would find this to be useful. If you require writers and graphic designers, these won't always be found within your community, especially if your site is fairly new.

The ability to pull in the help would be a major boost.

So, either allowing guests to apply or encouraging them to e-mail a certain address, with a custom message would resolve this.

I'm looking forward to any possible response and if any other members here like the suggestion, be sure to let @DevRegan know.

There appears to be an error with the database.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again. 

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

I would love anyone that can give me any suggestions or help me fix it.

hello, how to get to frontend ? i got hardcoded menu. /groupjoin not working or applications or applicationssytem at index.php?app=groupjoin i got blank page.

Edited by nook86

Yes, look at the support topic :) but I need some part of the documentation, and as long as they don't release it, we ALL developers are stuck. You have to understand that we need the documentation to program, as it's a very bad practice to program without making use of official APIs (also, it's very slow).

Invision power developers should understand that it's letting a lot of developers down, we can't program by trial and error, just by trying to understand their code. We already are on ipb 4.1 and still no documentation. Don't blame me guys, I tried what I could but got stuck, and it's very frustrating to spend a full day just trying to make a f..ing upgrade routine script to work and getting nothing but errors.

On 7.11.2015, 09:58:43, DevRegan said:

Yes, look at the support topic :) but I need some part of the documentation, and as long as they don't release it, we ALL developers are stuck. You have to understand that we need the documentation to program, as it's a very bad practice to program without making use of official APIs (also, it's very slow).

Invision power developers should understand that it's letting a lot of developers down, we can't program by trial and error, just by trying to understand their code. We already are on ipb 4.1 and still no documentation. Don't blame me guys, I tried what I could but got stuck, and it's very frustrating to spend a full day just trying to make a f..ing upgrade routine script to work and getting nothing but errors.

cool but my version for 3.4.6 is still not working and you still not going to help me with solve the issue, all other apps are working normally, i got responsoe on 31.10 from you to explain i did still not answer on PM i want to use it mate and i need it now :)

On 11/27/2015 at 4:54 AM, ucjohn said:

Already read. That's not the documentation I need. The one that I need is on another side of the community, which I think it's no accessible by non-developers. As I said, I'm currently developing, but doing it very slowly, because I have to figure out some parts on my own.

On 12/8/2015 at 11:05 PM, nook86 said:

meh @DevRegan is offline i still cant use this software which i paid for...

I would like to use it too, trust me! By now the only thing I can do - and currently doing - is trying to replicate the error by trial and error. Also, the priority right now is version 4. Try to rebuild skin cache and other stuff like that in the mean time. I

@DevRegan Why not reach out to other developers some of them may help. Micheal John @ devfuse may be willing to assist you as his work load is over whelming just something that maybe worth your time my friend. As I really would love to use this as soon as possible <3 much love for your application system.

@DevRegan let me reword that.  Any updates on you getting the needed documentation?  I see that there has been a pretty good increase in new/updated apps (which I am hoping is a good sign).

Currently programming the Applying process, unfortunately I have to do this part all manually, since invision APIs don't cover all the functionalities I need to make it work. 

But this is the biggest (and obviously) the most important part of the app, after that it's just all going to be test & debug stuff.

If you want I can upload a beta version ASAP for you to test with your boards and users, but you have to understand that it may be very buggy and somewhat ugly to see. :)