Community

DevRegan

[IPBLounge] Applications System

I'm really sorry about that, I'm busy upgrading it to ipb 4.0, but it is really going slow since I don't know how the final version will be.

Also, I'm trying to reproduce your errors but I'm having quite a hard time, I tried posting a lot of applications, modifying them, suspending, removing etc. but had no luck experiencing that error. I'm afraid I'll have to rewrite the file...

Please note that the bug is caused by a change in IPB files.

I am really sorry for the lack of support (I'm sure you'll understand that this is not my full time job), this is the only 'real bug', I don't agree with you when you say it lacks important feature, because most of the features you see now have been introduced because of a lot of customer requested them. I don't want to add a feature for just one customer only.

I'll have to rewrite the file again, but I guarantee you that patches have always been released.

Hi,

I added a new group in Application System > Setting > Groups > New Group

I added 5 questions, but I can't toggle the status "Not active" to "Active"

post-526732-0-02118300-1412493394_thumb.

post-526732-0-87273200-1412493396_thumb.

What should I do ?

Thank you

The questions you see on the bottom table are "Available Questions", the app stores them there in order to make things easier for you the next time you want to ask that question for another group, without making you write it again. You have to add at least one question to this group by clicking the plus button.

Let me know :)

Hello.

We're having a slight problem with the default statuses(we edited them) not being useable on all of our applications, resulting in us having to create duplicate entries which then show up in the lists twice.

Removing the duplicates and only leaving the defaults results in this:

Hello.

We're having a slight problem with the default statuses(we edited them) not being useable on all of our applications, resulting in us having to create duplicate entries which then show up in the lists twice.

Removing the duplicates and only leaving the defaults results in this:

I should note that we're on the latest versions of both IPB and this plugin, by the way.

Any applications we add now are only able to be associated with custom statuses, and these don't work for automatically swapping usergroups because there's no way to say which status should count as accepted, besides the name.

i am using 3.4.7 and have following error when installing the app in admin cp Fatal error: Class 'skin_global_1' not found in /home3/****/public_html/*****/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3846) : eval()'d code on line 3

Is this extension still be developed? I visited the demo / developers website and it is down. The last update is about a year ago.

I am currently need new mods on my board and looking for some application extension.

Hi,

In the app settings-> Group-> group name-> other settings It has the option for a group picture. Under the input box it says,
"Picture must be placed in your public/style/style_images folder. Write as picture_name.file_extension ."
So I upload all of default images that came with the app to "website.com/public/style/style_images" and put default.jpg in the input box. But on the user interface, the group image appears as a broken image like this broke.jpg

My sites directory didn't originally have a style folder in the public folder so I added that in. I also tried putting it in "website.com/public/style_images" which is where I put most things but it still didn't work. I also tried putting "website.com/public/style_images/default.jpg" and  "website.com/public/style/style_images/default.jpg" in the input box but it still doesn't work.

Hello Dev,

Just checking is on the status of this app for 4.0 now that it is released.  This and another app are the only 2 that I am waiting on to upgrade my site.

Thank you for any information you can provide.

As Mikkel-T suggested back in 2012 I would find it extremely useful if the application could be posted as a poll.  All of our applicants get voted on by current members and this feature would save admins/mods having to edit every single application.

Also would it be possible to insert one of the answers to a question in the topic when its posted.  For example we're a gaming community so one of our questions is "Which platform do you primarily play on?"  I would like that answer inserted into the topic e.g. (Xbox One) or (Playstation 4) so on and so forth.

I would go so far to entertain paying additional for this added functionality.

Just started using this system and am trying to set it up so that people can leave a staff group whenever they want, but their primary group will be changed to a "former staff" group. I have also enabled them to re-apply after an accepted application. The system is disallowing me from saving as it says that I haven't selected the group the users will be moved to - although I have.

Please advise.

Screen_Shot_2015-05-12_at_1.28.24_PM.thu

Screen_Shot_2015-05-12_at_1.28.32_PM.thu

I'm also having an issue with the images portion of the application. I have specified a folder/file location within the style_images directory. Chrome dev tools tells me the URL is correct, yet says "file not found" but copying the url to the browser shows the image, and it's most definitely present.

I do not get a broken image file, I get a blank image as though nothing was entered at all.

Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 1.41.31 PM.png

These forums are messed up. My first post was in a continuous submission loop but when I refreshed the page it was present and posted. My second post still included the attachments from the first post so I removed them to make the second post -- it would "submit" then return to "submit reply" again without submitting. Then I refresh the page and I've posted twice and the attachments to my first post are now missing!

What's going on here IPB?   (oh, and the attachment for my second post is in this post, but if I delete it I'm sure it will remove from my first post.)

Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 1.41.31 PM.png

I know, in the past that you have said that guests cannot apply but would you be willing open to adding a section of text, allowing for us who would like to allow guests to apply via e-mail?

Example

Interest but not a member? E-Mail us
blah@blah.com

This way we can attract interest from a stream pool a way from our site.