Community

DevRegan

[IPBLounge] Applications System

Hello,

It's been since July 13th 2013 that I've been waiting on a fix for this Mod.

I was promissed you were going to look into the issue.

Picture:

http://gyazo.com/9be6722905d4b93b1e9e08e9bdde430e

I think that instead of posting that all bugs/glitches have been fixed, you should warn people that this modification is not compatible with the Skin of

Maxx 2012: The Most Advanced Skin. 3.4.x

Hello,

Picture:

I think that instead of posting that all bugs/glitches have been fixed, you should warn people that this modification is not compatible with the Skin of

I use this skin and it works perfectly. for me.

http://www.rockpapergodmode.com/index.php?app=groupjoin

I would really like to see a sort of question group requirement. Where lets say I have 5 questions that are sort of related where a user may have One, Two, or three but may not have the others. For example for a gaming community:

Q1: Your PSN ID:

Q2: Your XBOX gamertag:

Q3: Your Steam ID:

Q4. Your Origin ID:

Q5: Other Game ID:

Now a user that is applying should be required to answer at least one of those, since they are joining a gaming community, but obviously they may not have all of them. It would be nice to be able to place those questions in a "group" where that grouping of questions would require an answer, but not each individual question.

Also, is it possible to move an application to refused/denied after it has been approved/accepted?

Hello,

Picture:

This has already been fixed a long time ago, did you update?

I would really like to see a sort of question group requirement. Where lets say I have 5 questions that are sort of related where a user may have One, Two, or three but may not have the others. For example for a gaming community:

Q1: Your PSN ID:

Q2: Your XBOX gamertag:

Q3: Your Steam ID:

Q4. Your Origin ID:

Q5: Other Game ID:

Now a user that is applying should be required to answer at least one of those, since they are joining a gaming community, but obviously they may not have all of them. It would be nice to be able to place those questions in a "group" where that grouping of questions would require an answer, but not each individual question.

Also, is it possible to move an application to refused/denied after it has been approved/accepted?

As for your first question, it depends on the number of customer that want this. I'm sure you'll understand I can't do a feature for just one customer only, sorry.

Second question: no, because it wouldn't make any sense, since it has already been accepted.

Hope it helps :)

When in the moderator view I click on one of the moderators but end up on a completely different user. The first one goes to member_id 1 when it should be 3000, the second one member_id 2 should be 2534.

I uploaded this today and I get the following error when I try to access the applications page:

"Call to a member function home() on a non-object in /home/*mysite*/public_html/forum/admin/applications_addon/other/groupjoin/modules_public/view/view.php on line 141"

As mentioned in the application's page, I need to know what version of ipb and app you are running. Thanks

@emilhem, you can do that on the app settings page, on you acp.

Hi, I was wondering what the status is on addon before I commit to buying it. There is currently a red message about an error someone got on the marketplace.

Also, what's the plan for this in the 4.0 update?

Thank you.

Hello!

The app is NOT broken, i tested it on my test boards and it was fine. Many users install it without reading the requirements first or just say that it doesn't work without even specify the information I need in order for me to help them and report it.

It will be updated for 4.0 but don't expect it to be ultra fast, since the app is a little big (> 30k lines). The app will also be trimmed of features that has been rarely used. :)

If you need help, just contact me. :)

Installed it fine, very nice app.

A few things help is appreciated with:

• Is it possible to set the title of the topic that is posted? Currently as a quick work around i've got a value="Application" for the title input field in the template.
  • Is it possible to has the option of also adding a poll to the topic that is created? Since this is an application form, having votes to tally up is pretty important in a topic + members thoughts from posts.
  • Not sure if this is intended - If the option to create a topic is enable, the user that applied can view their posts and see that they have posted an application. This isn't too bad since the applications go to a moderator only forum, but the user is still able to see the topic title - posts - views for that topic. Would be good if it's kept out of the users post history.

For my forum, these 3 things are very important and keeping me from making it live currently :(

For reference Dev, a similar form but for phpBB. If you can get any ideas from it: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/application_form/

We were using it on our old forum. The form also allowed you to have extra text at the end of the thread that is made when an application is put in. It was a God send to be able to include a checklist automatically with each new application. That's something that would be good for this mod too.

Thanks for your purchase! :)

Installed it fine, very nice app.

A few things help is appreciated with:

• Is it possible to set the title of the topic that is posted? Currently as a quick work around i've got a value="Application" for the title input field in the template.
  • Is it possible to has the option of also adding a poll to the topic that is created? Since this is an application form, having votes to tally up is pretty important in a topic + members thoughts from posts.
  • Not sure if this is intended - If the option to create a topic is enable, the user that applied can view their posts and see that they have posted an application. This isn't too bad since the applications go to a moderator only forum, but the user is still able to see the topic title - posts - views for that topic. Would be good if it's kept out of the users post history.

For my forum, these 3 things are very important and keeping me from making it live currently :sad:

1. Appliers can choose their own title when posting the topic, although this might change in future

2. The poll is already included on the application page, doing two polls (the second one on the topic) seems a little too redundant to me. I will do a hook to include the poll on the topic's page too. Thanks! :)

3. Yes, this is intended. Every applier can see their own application in order to check its status. Please understand that I can't do anything to hide a certain topic to one user only, as I'd need to write an entire new application just for that.

I didn't knew there were a similar application for phpBB too, I'll check that out but I prefer implementing features my clients ask :)

No worries, thanks for the reply.

Good to hear about those answers. #3 is fine, i do understand that's a lot of work. It's the least important.

With #2, we're only concerned with topics so that current members can post their thoughts and once the recruit satisfies our criteria, the topic is moved to an archive. That's why it's good to also have a poll attached to the topic.

What's your thoughts on also having the option to attach extra text to the end of applications that are selected to be posted? We have a check list that we otherwise have to edit in after for each post. That was also handled automatically in phpBB.

Hiya,

Looking for a way to remove the quotes when posting the application in a thread. Having the "Question" "Answer" next to each other or one under the other is the goal.

The extent of my knowledge hasn't helped find where other than the few ENT_QUOTES in the php files.

Thanks again.

Hi i just purchased the App and im learning to love it!

A couple of concerns Im getting the error even through i clearly selected a group for them to move back to Moderator > Members

System Error

[#11GJ69] You are allowing all users to leave this group, but did not select which group members will be moved to.

Fatal error: Call to a member function home() on a non-object in public_html/forum/admin/applications_addon/other/groupjoin/modules_public/view/view.php on line 141

1. Your Invision Power Board version : IP.Board 3.4.6
2. Your "Applications System" version : 2.3.0.4
3. Steps you did to get your issue - Viewed the application page. http://domain.com/index.php?app=groupjoin

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Fatal error: Call to a member function home() on a non-object in public_html/forum/admin/applications_addon/other/groupjoin/modules_public/view/view.php on line 141

1. Your Invision Power Board version : IP.Board 3.4.6
2. Your "Applications System" version : 2.3.0.4
3. Steps you did to get your issue - Viewed the application page. http://domain.com/index.php?app=groupjoin

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

This is the same for me.

I am very very annoyed that this mod is still to be paid for. It is buggy, there are a lot of issues with member records, It is lacking important features. This should be a free modification until it is completed to a more working status. This is especally concerning as the developer is no where to be found when support is needed yet is still collecting customers money when they purchase the broken application blindly not knowing the current position of the project.