[IPBLounge] Applications System

aSimpleIdea

Errrrrr... I know I said I would be patient, and I am, I don't mind waiting longer. But do we have any hints at all as to when this will be released? I have everyone on our site pestering me multiple times daily as to know when our application system will be working again. It's been down for nearly a month now waiting to be fixed.
If I can get anything close to an inkling of a patch-release date, it would be a major help for me to get these people off my back.

Hi there, i purchased this app a little while ago but unfortunately have been experiencing the same issues as others with regards to 3.4.4. Could a be a real pain and ask if you have an eta for an updated version, this isn't to rush you at all just wondering as I check back here most days just in case.

Looking forward to getting this up and running as it looks like a great app, thanks for all the hard work you've put in.

I too have the issue posted in #425 the topic not being created and have been patiently following the topic waiting for a fix.

This was originally reported at the end of April, and here we are in the middle of June with no fix and essentially a non-functional paid for application.

I too am being harassed by users wanting to use this.

Hello,

I am really sorry, you are perfectly right. I fixed that bug a while ago but wanted to fix another bug, but can't reproduce it and meanwhile my university exams are getting near. Once I'm done with them, I'll release frequent updates as I did before.

I will upload the file with the fixed posting error as soon as I can, perhaps tonight (here it is 9 am).

I'm really sorry guys.

I'll let you updated.

Hi Dev !

Sorry to post during your exams, but I was willing to do it before forgetting.

There is no need for you to give a quick answer, I'll wait a few days if needed :smile:

1. I am using an old version of your mod, so this has maybe got changed, but at the moment, if I limit the number of applications to two (for example) and that someone applies, the number of "places left" will stay 2. Even when the application is accepted. Is that normal ? Would it be possible to have that number decrease each time someone submits an application, and increase if this application is rejected ?
  2. I also find very sad that when you close the applications for a group (no more places left), that group disappears from the list of groups on the index of the applications pages. Instead, I would like the "More info" button to disappear and be replaced by a "You can't apply for this group" or something similar. Or at least to make in sort that the button isn't clickeable anymore, but to let that group in the list. Would that be possible ?

Many thanks for your help, and don't hesitate to ask if you don't understand what I requested (I'm french-native).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using 2.2.1, but I didn't see this change in your changelog so I thought I would post a fix.

In acp_libraries.php, the function getAge shows -1 years on certain instances where the birthday day of the month is before the current day of the month.

The original:

public function getAge( $day, $month, $year, $now )
    {
        if( !$day || !$month || !$year ) return array( 'age' => 0, 'age_formatted' => $this->lang->words['age_not_set'], 'not_set' => true );        
        $today = getDate( $now );

$_years = $today['year'] - $year -1;
        if( $today['mon'] >= $month )
        {
            if( $today['mday'] >= $day ) $_years += 1;
        }        
        return array( 'age' => $_years, 'age_formatted' => sprintf( $this->lang->words['age_formatted'], $_years ) );
    }

My corrected version:

public function getAge( $day, $month, $year, $now )
	{
		if( !$day || !$month || !$year ) return array( 'age' => 0, 'age_formatted' => $this->lang->words['age_not_set'], 'not_set' => true );		

$_years = $today['year'] - $year -1;
		if( ( $today['mon'] == $month && $today['mday'] >= $day ) ||
			$today['mon'] > $month )
		{
			$_years += 1;
		}
		return array( 'age' => $_years, 'age_formatted' => sprintf( $this->lang->words['age_formatted'], $_years ) );
	}

Thank you very much trevis! :)

@kkp: try logging in to your ACP and read the error logs. There's a lot of reasons that can cause a 500 error to happen. If you can't find anything useful, you'll might want to contact your host for the details about your error, it might be something they can fix (php or apache etc.) :)

I dont see anything in the log.

Secondly, as a Guest, I am able to see the Page, but logged on as Administrator, I get this error. Would that be a server error for only this page and only for administrator?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I tried to Private Message you, but I did not get a response.

I'm stuck with some issues with this Application. Basicly, its useless for me now.

Information regarding my Ip Board:

Version : 3.4.5

Skin used : MAXX SKIN (Dark/Light)-The Most Advanced Skin (Please take note that I can not change to a different skin, this is the skin that I use, and I need for my site.)

Also, is it possible to change the part where it says 'Infos' to 'Information' or 'Info'

If I missed out on anything, please let me know and I will respond as soon as possible to this topic.

- Johan

post-468928-0-86039200-1374929641_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to note that the issue I posted on July 5th is also present in the age() function in groupjoin/libraries.php, in case that was missed.

Edit: May as well paste this here

public function age( $age, $member, $now )
	{
		if( $age != "no" )
		{
			if( !$member['bday_year'] || !$member['bday_month'] || !$member['bday_day'] ) return $this->_return( "age_not_set", 0 );

$years = $today['year'] - $member['bday_year'] -1;
			if( ($today['mon'] == $member['bday_month'] && $today['mday'] >= $member['bday_day']) ||
				$today['mon'] > $member['bday_month'] )
			{
				$years += 1;
			}

if( $age > $years ) return $this->_return( 'too_young', 0 );
		}
		return 1;
	}