[IPBLounge] Applications System

aSimpleIdea

We're currently having a similar issue with the "nooo something went wrong" popping up on app submission.
The app goes through but it will not create a thread, no matter where you try to have it created. When viewing the app forum side I can see no buttons or anything to approve, deny, etc. I have to do everything on the backend. Only, when I try to accept, delete, or deny on the backend; I myself get a database error.
On a attempted delete it will give me the error and then shove me back to my acp. The app will still be there but all the answers will have been deleted... very odd.
Working on a full uninstall and reinstall of the system and a re-upgrade on ipb in the meantime.

We're currently having a similar issue with the "nooo something went wrong" popping up on app submission.
The app goes through but it will not create a thread, no matter where you try to have it created. When viewing the app forum side I can see no buttons or anything to approve, deny, etc. I have to do everything on the backend. Only, when I try to accept, delete, or deny on the backend; I myself get a database error.
On a attempted delete it will give me the error and then shove me back to my acp. The app will still be there but all the answers will have been deleted... very odd.
Working on a full uninstall and reinstall of the system and a re-upgrade on ipb in the meantime.

Same here, this must be an error on the application side. The developer is currently running tests and reconfiguring somethings, as it's mostly the application itself causing the issues, not the board or settings. I suggest you do something similar to what I did here, as in a global message on the application system page and just wait for the update from the developer, which I hope is soon.

We're in the same boat, and I'm as anxious as you. hope this is resolved soon.

Hello,
As I said before, invision power changed some of their lines of code and functions, thus causing the app to act like this. Please, give me some time to test what's wrong and I will get back to you asap.

I think the prolem should be fixed easily and fast. Thank you for your support guys :)
Please let me know if you find any other issue

Just incase you were not aware, even though I am an admin with the viewing permission set for applications, and added as a moderator as well, I am getting this error when I try to view an app forum-side:
"Sorry, you do not have permissions to view this application."

And then if it helps, it also says this off to the side of the screen: [#10GJ126]

Guys, I need you to check your postable permission on your forums. The error is caused by the topic posting handler by invision which throws an error when the topic is not created, this is why I am having a real hard time trying to fix it.

Please try downloading all the app's files, and reuploading everything again (BUT DO NOT UNINSTALL IT, JUST REPLACE THE FILES! otherwise you will miss all the applications).

If this doesn't work, I need some of you who is experiencing the topic posting bug, to post me their forum permissions.

Please let me know!

Guys, I need you to check your postable permission on your forums. The error is caused by the topic posting handler by invision which throws an error when the topic is not created, this is why I am having a real hard time trying to fix it.

Please try downloading all the app's files, and reuploading everything again (BUT DO NOT UNINSTALL IT, JUST REPLACE THE FILES! otherwise you will miss all the applications).

If this doesn't work, I need some of you who is experiencing the topic posting bug, to post me their forum permissions.

Please let me know!

Any idea on why the apps we accept cause an error unless we leave a message in the PM box that pops up?

Please let me know!

For my forum permissions, I have the first three selected, and the last two not selected which I think are "upload" and "download".

Re-uploaded all the files as you said, no joy. Everything is still broke.
As for member group permissions, the main member group applying has reply and topic posting permissions only, no viewing or reading. AND I have tried applying with my full admin permissions as well, and it still won't post a topic.

Hey Dev !

I just contact you for a suggestion/request regarding your mod. In fact, when someone submits an application for the "graphic designers" group, for example, the aim of our forum is that all the other graphic designers say if they are for or against the application. But at the moment, these graphic designers aren't notified when an application is submitted for their group, and I won't afford to gove them all moderator rights.

That's why I'd like to be able to chose which can be notified of a new application, having a "per-group" setting. So for example groups 1 & 2 for the "graphic designers", and groups 1 & 3 for the "developpers" (just giving an example).

Would that be possible ? Or is there already a way to do that ?

Many thanks !

Right now I am working on the topic posting error as I consider it, the most critical issue at the moment. I just found out that they changed their Topic Posting APIs. I'm not saying this is the reason why it does not work, but I'm not saying it isn't either. I'm doing some tests.

Hey Dev !

I just contact you for a suggestion/request regarding your mod. In fact, when someone submits an application for the "graphic designers" group, for example, the aim of our forum is that all the other graphic designers say if they are for or against the application. But at the moment, these graphic designers aren't notified when an application is submitted for their group, and I won't afford to gove them all moderator rights.

That's why I'd like to be able to chose which can be notified of a new application, having a "per-group" setting. So for example groups 1 & 2 for the "graphic designers", and groups 1 & 3 for the "developpers" (just giving an example).

Would that be possible ? Or is there already a way to do that ?

Many thanks !

It can be a good Idea, I will consider it :)

Thank you for your suggestion.

A voting system based on users' preferences wether the applier should be introduced or not in a certain group makes more sense than a simple "Support", since people who already are in that group should know better.

Makes it a little more "democratic", don't you think? :D

Of course moderators/administrators will have the last word :)

I'm currently waiting to receive feedback about bugs reported last week. I fixed the topic posting bug and I'm waiting for the others. Once done, I will go on releasing a new version with those bug fixed. :)

Thank you for your suggestion.

A voting system based on users' preferences wether the applier should be introduced or not in a certain group makes more sense than a simple "Support", since people who already are in that group should know better.

Makes it a little more "democratic", don't you think? :D

Of course moderators/administrators will have the last word :smile:

I'm currently waiting to receive feedback about bugs reported last week. I fixed the topic posting bug and I'm waiting for the others. Once done, I will go on releasing a new version with those bug fixed. :smile:

Yup, I agree :)