Community

DevRegan

[IPBLounge] Applications System

Another bug we found during configuring and testing the system: making the application write a post/topic gives an error

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in (...)/admin/sources/classes/text/parser.php on line 1737

Also, one annoying issue. When editing an application to a group with unlimited members, editing it through ACP automatically selects limited number of slots and puts in a pretty big int, so you have to select 'unlimited' manually again and again.

I would to know if there are poxibility to collect quiz answer to topic. For topic i believe at profession type such as topic for developer or designer end else... this will to assign a rank button with title of topic or topics with drop down... it is useful for community that think to orientation member to define a their profession future work according to result quiz! Ottima app!!

Thank you for your suggestion but I'm afraid that it would be a little out of the app's purpose, I will consider it :smile:

Another bug we found during configuring and testing the system: making the application write a post/topic gives an error

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in (...)/admin/sources/classes/text/parser.php on line 1737

Also, one annoying issue. When editing an application to a group with unlimited members, editing it through ACP automatically selects limited number of slots and puts in a pretty big int, so you have to select 'unlimited' manually again and again.

The first one is a bug caused by invision, which I have already forwarded to them some days ago, and has been recognized as bug.

I will check the second one. Thank you :smile:

Hello! Some news!

I checked the 'infos' bug (the one that says "Bad Request" ) and I'm having no problems. I cannot reproduce it, sorry. I'm leaving it as it is, since it is not a critical bug, and will re-write it on a future update.

Now, replying to Laxentis about the unlimited spots issue. I tried to edit a group and selected 'unlimited' free places, and saved. Once I edited back, I saw it was unchecked and the limited number was checked instead. Is this what you are experiencing? If so, it is just an HTML bug, the app already knows that it is an unlimited group, so don't worry about selecting it everytime, though I know it might generate a lot of confusion. I will fix it for sure. :)

Thanks for your report :)

Alright, so having purchased this and already discussing the issues when submitting an application on my board, you came to the conclusion that it must be something on IPB's end. I wondered if other mods on my board might have been creating an issue with this one. So, I purchased a brand new board, which of course is 3.4.3. It has nothing on it except that new board shine. ;)

At any rate, I installed this on the brand new board and guess what? Same issue...

cWLaKYJ.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' wid" alt="cWLaKYJ.png">

In the example above, there were 2 questions on the test application, so there are two Warning lines. The lines will always be equal to the number of questions. As I have stated before, although the person applying gets this screen when they submit their application, the app actually does post. In my case, I set it to create a new topic in a forum and it does. However, the line that appears as a link at the bottom of their post which says "View full application" is a dead link. You can't click on it.

Previously, I gave up on pursuing a solution to this but I am frustrated. You said it's on IPB's end. Well, if you've developed an application that doesn't work with IPB, you don't need to put out there to the public and charge money for it until you fix it so that it does. You advertise that this application works with 3.4.x when installing the latest version, which is 2.2.1. I paid you money for a product that doesn't work as advertised. I feel cheated. At this point, I would just really like to know you will do whatever it takes to ensure this app works with all versions as advertised, or refund my money.

*Laxentis, above, reported this exact same issue to you and on March 31st you responded in this thread stating that you'll check into it, as though you have never had this issue reported before. Yet, I reported it here on March 4th and we still have no resolution.

Of course it has the same issue, buying another board will not fix that bug, invision power's staff is the only one that can. As I told you, that bug has been recognized by invision, and has been fixed in 3.4.4. So if you have a new board, which is still 3.4.3, no matter what you do it will always have the same issue, unless you repair it yourself the way I told you.

You have to wait for 3.4.4, and if you still experience this issue, then it means that the problem is mine or that they totally change the way posts and topics are made, and I will release an update as soon as possible because that would be a critical bug.

Nobody here is trying to cheat you, in almost 200 hundred customers no one said I gave bad support ever.

I followed you step by step with this, as I do with any other customer, and you also saw that invision power recognized it as a bug and fixed it in 3.4.4, so I don't really understand why you bought a new board knowing it still ran ipb 3.4.3 affected by this issue.

I repeat, if this issue will still happen in 3.4.4, then I will release a new version of the app compatible with 3.4.4 and with this issue fixed.

Best Regards.

I set up a new board because, as I said, I wanted to ensure that it wasn't an issue being created by having several other mods on the board and something possibly conflicting with it. I don't recall you telling me that it would be resolved in 3.4.4, so that is promising, but I also don't recall you telling me how to fix the issue myself in 3.4.3. You offered suggestions at things I could try, but regardless...it's not really my place to have to do those things. It's fine, Dev. I hope 3.4.4 resolves it. Thank you for the quick reply, and I apologize for my tone. It's just frustrating to experience these issues for a paid app.

Don't worry about it, I apologize too. Here is the bug report made by me :

http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/bugs.html/_/ip-board/editor-buildquotetag-function-r41527

In my hopinion the worst problem is not the issue itself, it is the reason why you are not able to fix it by your own, that might be becuase you're hosted by invision power.

I'm posting here the way to fix this, for anyone who is experiencing this issue with my app or any other one:

In your admin/sources/classes/text/parser.php find:

$opts = array();

and replace with

$ops = array();

UPDATE: I just saw some lines of codes in the upcoming 3.4.4 version. They fixed this issue exactly the way I said in my previous post.

But they also wrote some new lines... So I'll have to test the app for any compatibility issues. If any of you installed 3.4.4 beta and found some bugs, please report them here. Thank you! :smile:

What more can I say? I hate their editor! >_<

Hello!

Some news today!

I'm here to let you know about Applications System future releases...

We currently are at v 2.2.1, here's what I'm planning to release

• 2.3 (and probably a 2.3.1). New features include: Requirements based on "Custom Fields"
  • 2.4 (and probably a 2.4.1). New features include: Ability for moderators to remove secondary groups
  • 2.5 (and probably a 2.5.1). New features include: Question Transformation

Of course bugs fixes and improvements are included on every new release. The reason why I include a "probable" x.x.1 is for fixing issues and bugs related to new features.

2.5.x will be the last version of Applications System.

Have a nice day! :smile:

Yes, development for Applications System will stop.

It will be the time for Advance Contact Us & Applying System , so now you already know one of the new big features in 3.0 , and I already said too much :whistle:

But let's just focus on 2.x series, it still has a lot give :smile:

We're having an issue where the "View Application" link does not work. At the end of the link it is blank, like "&application=" instead of "&application=#"

Reverting ajaxApplications and applications templates do not fix it. Any idea?

The page doesn't load after I install and configure the settings, PHP shows these errors:

PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function home() on a non-object in .../community/admin/applications_addon/other/groupjoin/modules_public/view/view.php on line 133

We're having an issue where the "View Application" link does not work. At the end of the link it is blank, like "&application=" instead of "&application=#"

Reverting ajaxApplications and applications templates do not fix it. Any idea?

What version of ipb are your running? Also, can you give me your board url by pm? Thank you for your report :)

The page doesn't load after I install and configure the settings, PHP shows these errors:

PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function home() on a non-object in .../community/admin/applications_addon/other/groupjoin/modules_public/view/view.php on line 133

What version of IPB are you running? :)

Using 2.2.1 on 3.4.3 and a new Secondary group I created does not show in the available Applications.

My old primary group application shows and works, from the first iteration of this app, but sadly not this much awaited secondary feature.

Tried with an account that has only the required primary group, no joy :(.

Using 2.2.1 on 3.4.3 and a new Secondary group I created does not show in the available Applications.

My old primary group application shows and works, from the first iteration of this app, but sadly not this much awaited secondary feature.

Tried with an account that has only the required primary group, no joy :sad:.

If it does not show in the available groups, it means dates and/or requirements are not right and/or you did not click the enable button. Check your settings :)

Our issue was solved. Somehow two TAB characters got within the ['id'] code in a php file.

I don't know what you mean and how it got there, but I'm glad it works now. :)

I have an issue with accepting applications aswell as adding moderator notes. It simply wont let me do it... If i want to accept it i have to do it manually from the ACP

1. It appears that although I've updated my board, and the application system, I get an error after submitting the application. I'm sure is an error when posting the application thread.

I say this because the app is successfully submitted in the system, but the thread isn't posted. And the error code shows after pressing select. It says, "noooo. something went wrong." Error #999 i believe.

2. It gives this error when viewing application in the acp:

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/ntdgamer/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/groupjoin/modules_admin/applications/applications.php on line 156

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/ntdgamer/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/groupjoin/modules_admin/applications/applications.php on line 156

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/ntdgamer/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/groupjoin/modules_admin/applications/applications.php on line 159

3. When applying for a team, it alters the application count. 2 of my gorups now reads:

4294967294 applications

Please assist