DevRegan

[IPBLounge] Applications System

%7Boption%7D

File Name: [IPBLounge] Applications System

File Submitter: DevRegan

File Submitted: 23 Aug 2011

File Category: User and Social Engagement

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.4.x

Are you looking for staff? Developers? Designers? Or anybody else?
This application was made for you!

Applications System is the ultimate app for group management! Let your members apply and earn their place!
They can also enter a group without applying, if you want!

PLEASE, DO NOT READ THE FIRST COMMENTS. THEY REFER TO VERSION 1.0 OF THIS APP. CURRENT VERSION IS 2.3.0.4, AND EVERY ISSUE HAS BEEN FIXED MORE THAN ONE YEAR AGO.

Watch the images and read this description to learn more.
Groups. Do you have any group named 'moderators'? Just select that group and start customizing it: Applications systems lets you decide when your members will be able to apply for that group and the deadline for them.
You can decide whether to enable comments, automatic promotions when an application is accepted, posting settings, group images and much more.

Requirements. Of course you don't want ALL your members to apply, do you? You want the best, experienced, most creative out there.
Applications system lets you filter members who can apply. You can set age, minimum posts number, maximum warning level tolerated, time spent on your board and more. No more newbies at your door, if you don't want them.

Questions. For each group selected, you can also choose questions or create brand new ones.
Questions will help you decide whether accepting an user or not, by reading their reply.
Looking for reporters? Make them write a short article to test their writing skills. Looking for translators? Make them select languages they know!

Statuses. Every application will go through some statuses. You can decide the default status applications will have when they are submitted.
The app comes with four default statuses - In pending, Refused, Accepted, Invalid - but you can create as many as you want depending on your boards needs.
Do you have an online gaming community? Create the "Sent to a Sergeant" to let members know that a "Super Moderator" is deciding if accepting them or not!

Moderators. It can be quite impossible to manage all applications, that's why you can choose someone to help you.
You can customize their powers, like what statuses they can manage and which ones they can set.
You might want those one who you trust more to be able to accept applications and let the other ones to check appliers data before sending the application to them.

Much more!

Do you have suggestions and feature requests? Please post them in the Support Topic, so other members who also want that new feature can like your post. The more the likes, the more priority I'll give to it.
PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT FOR SUPPORT. WRITE ON THE SUPPORT TOPIC INSTEAD.
Thank You.

here to download this file

Very clever concept, however I think that this needs touching-up design / aesthetics-wise. There are too many spelling mistakes and too many inconsistencies (from what I can see in the pictures) as well as many areas looking unformatted. (A lot of the settings pages with mis-matched formatting, a lot of capitals where there shouldn't be, and a lot missing where there should be)

Once these are touched up to made look better, I'll definitely be purchasing this as it's a great idea. Hopefully you get them addressed soon %7Boption%7D

EDIT: Also as an idea for the future, it could be very useful for users who are able to see the application to also be able to post comments/posts about the application below it.

Just decided to jump right in cause it will be a gold one for my community.

On my test board just "tried" to create a application and got this

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/conorto/public_html/board/upload/admin/applications_addon/other/groupjoin/modules_admin/settings/settings.php on line 290

Just decided to jump right in cause it will be a gold one for my community.

On my test board just "tried" to create a application and got this

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/conorto/public_html/board/upload/admin/applications_addon/other/groupjoin/modules_admin/settings/settings.php on line 290

Hi, can you please tell me exactly what you were trying to do?
I just tested again and nothing happened.

As soon as I took out the implode function it works fine?

I was setting up applications for the administrator group. Another issue I have now come up against is: Usergroup must be (supports multiple selection) field in the ACP is not saving

As soon as I took out the implode function it works fine?

I was setting up applications for the administrator group. Another issue I have now come up against is: Usergroup must be (supports multiple selection) field in the ACP is not saving

I tested this on my other 3 test board and everything looks fine.
You mean you edited my original files?

Ok everything was working as intended.

I want to apologize about the word pack, I know I wrote really bad and something might not be that comprehensible as I thought, sorry about that.
I will definitely change it on future versions, you can still change it on your ACP by going to Manage Languages -> Group Joining System, in the meantime.

Thank you for your support and feedbacks guys, on future versions I will add the ability to post comments.
Do not hesitate to contact me for more infos or any other doubt that crosses your minds.
Bye!

Just purchased and installing on my forum now %7Boption%7D

Edit: I've come up with a little bit of feedback on changes I'd like to see. So far, the application is awesome :)

First off, textarea fields need a larger length than 300 characters. Normally if you're talking a textarea, you're talking a post size thing, or similar.

Second, some parts of the admin-end have usergroups prefix/suffix used, others do not. Consistency (using them) would be ideal.

Third, a system to re-order questions would be awesome. :)

Maybe categories on questions -- I have semi-long applications in place, and categorizing questions down would make things a little neater. :)

Hopefully the ability to edit submitted applications in the future would be nice.

And finally, (for now at least), the ability for moderators to comment directly on the application from either the admin or public end (with comments invisible to the user) would be great :)

Huh, encountered an error.

Tried to set an application in pending with notify "Inline" or "Inline and PM".

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'BAD_NOTIFY_KEY' in /home/runeslay/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/member/notifications.php:599

Stack trace: #0 /home/runeslay/public_html/forums/admin/applications_addon/other/groupjoin/modules_public/mod/manage.php(320): notifications->sendNotification()

#1 /home/runeslay/public_html/forums/admin/applications_addon/other/groupjoin/modules_public/mod/manage.php(293): public_groupjoin_mod_manage->sendNotify(2, 'ryfos', 'notify_set_pend...', 'notify_set_pend...', 'pending_showby')

#2 /home/runeslay/public_html/forums/admin/applications_addon/other/groupjoin/modules_public/mod/manage.php(277): public_groupjoin_mod_manage->takeAction(Array, '4', Array, Array)

#3 /home/runeslay/public_html/forums/admin/applications_addon/other/groupjoin/modules_public/mod/manage.php(71): public_groupjoin_mod_manage->validateAction()

#4 /home/runeslay/public_html/forums/admin/sources/base/ipsController.php(302): public_groupjoin_mod_manage->doExecute(Object(ipsRegistry))

#5 /hom in /home/runeslay/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/member/notifications.php on line 599

It seems to be caused by notify being either inline or PM. Works when notification is off.

And another feature request: Could moderators of the group be notified (via notification system) when an application is submitted? :)

Hello,
I believe it is a bug caused by invision, because I used their notification system.
In other words, the notification used is the one that inivision uses when a user likes one of your posts.
But I do not know why, sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. With this new notification method I did not receive that error anymore, contact me if you get it again, ok? :) Where did you get that message from? public or admin side?

Thank you for all your comments and feedbacks! I will add some of those features on the next update! %7Boption%7D

Hello, thank you for great product. I just wanna ask you if there any way I can disable - age meet requirement. I mean almost 99% of users not entering there age at registration screen, so it not make sense to my community. Thank you.

Hello,

I believe it is a bug caused by invision, because I used their notification system.

In other words, the notification used is the one that inivision uses when a user likes one of your posts.

But I do not know why, sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. With this new notification method I did not receive that error anymore, contact me if you get it again, ok? [img]

' alt='' class='ipsImage' >' alt='' class='ipsImage' >[/img] Where did you get that message from? public or admin side?

Thank you for all your comments and feedbacks! I will add some of those features on the next update! [img]

' alt='' class='ipsImage' >' alt='' class='ipsImage' >[/img]

Thanks a lot! The problem occurs for me on both public and admin side, exactly as that. %7Boption%7D' alt='' class='ipsImage' >' alt='' class='ipsImage' >

Other than that minor issue, it works great. :)

Hello, thank you for great product. I just wanna ask you if there any way I can disable - age meet requirement. I mean almost 99% of users not entering there age at registration screen, so it not make sense to my community. Thank you.

Hello, on first releases it was possible to do that, but my beta-testers suggested me that it was better to do like this, because on some boards, like adults one, it cannot be accepted. Since you're not the first one who asks me that, I might change on next minor update.
Thank you. :)

Thanks a lot! The problem occurs for me on both public and admin side, exactly as that. [img]

' alt='' class='ipsImage' >[/img]

Other than that minor issue, it works great. [img]

' alt='' class='ipsImage' >[/img]

I'll try to fix it again on next minor update. It just sounds a little strange, since the application is making use of Invision's built-in notification methods, not mines.
I'll try to post this on their bug tracker. :)

how to delete after we create 1 of "Managing Group" ? or disabled it ?

Also how to delete the request

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /srv/vhost/localhost/admin/applications_addon/other/groupjoin/modules_admin/requests/requests.php on line 299

Just a few questions, I run a multi gaming community with several divisions. Could we create multiple join apps one for each division per say and have the Leaders and officers of this Divisions be the only ones to be able to approve/see the applications for their respective division?

Pretty much using this as an application to join our guild type of thing?

Hello,
If each group is a single division, the answer is yes. From the acp, you select groups you want to be available, by settings free spots and time of registrations opening.
After that, for each group, you add moderators (leaders and/or officers of that group). From the same panel, do no select any group in the "Groups that can view these requests", by doing this, only moderators that you added for that group will be able to see/approve/refuse those requests.

Hope I clarified your ideas, please contact me again if not. :smile: