Groups Daily Posts/Thread Limits

NenaDice

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Groups Daily Posts/Thread Limits

File Submitter: NenaDice

File Submitted: 20 Aug 2011

File Category: Utilities

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.4.x

This is an update of my previous hook here, but this application will have the possibility to add the daily post limit separately for each group.

Installation and Configuration:

To install this application, upload the admin folder inside the Upload folder to the root of your forum folder.

Then go to your Admin Panel->Applications & Modules->Manage Applications & Modules and on the right side where it says: Applications Not Installed you will see a new application added called: Maximum Daily Posts. Click on the install button.

To set the daily posts/threads restriction, go to the Members tab then from the drop down list choose Member Groups->Manage Member Groups. Then choose the group and/or the groups that you want to limit on daily basis on how many posts/threads they can make at your forum.

Click the edit button and you will see an extra tab added there called: Maximum Daily Posts. Click it and enter the number of posts that you want to restrict that group on daily basis.

To exlude forums, go to the Forums tab then from the drop down list choose Manage Forums. Then choose the forum and/or the forums that you want to exclude from the daily posting limit, click the edit button and you will see an extra tab added there called: Maximum Daily Posts. Click Yes and save the changes.

here to download this file

• 6 months later...

Can your hook just restrict topics in a certain forum of X number of days Nena? If not, would you be willing to create one for me? I need a hook that will do this in the next week or so ideally.

No, this hook will restrict both posts and threads on daily basis.

I can create a hook to restrict only threads for x number of days. I will send you a pm about the details.

• 11 months later...

Can you make it so I can simply CTRL-click select forums to choose from to have this mod excluded in? It is a royal pain in the ass to have to manually go into each and every forum and edit that setting, holy good god.

Also, does this have maximum daily posts/topics per forum, per day, or all forums selected, per day? Or, can I choose between the two?

I thought this would limit a specific group to (for example) 10 posts in a specific forum, but it actually takes into consideration of whether or not a member has posted 10 posts all together that day, in any forum, and then limits them from posting in the specified forum.

I want it to be moreso along the lines of:

• limited to 10 posts in forum A
  • limited to 10 posts in forum B
  • unlimited posts elsewhere, and they do not count
  • posts in forum A don't count towards net postcount (which we set to 10) in forum B
  • or, net posts overall, for both forums, can be 10
  • or, you can allow to choose between the two options

Either way, can you edit this hook to do so? I can't really use this right now the way it is, it doesn't serve it's purpose... :aww:

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this would limit a specific group to (for example) 10 posts in a specific forum, but it actually takes into consideration of whether or not a member has posted 10 posts all together that day, in any forum, and then limits them from posting in the specified forum.

I want it to be moreso along the lines of:

• limited to 10 posts in forum A
  • limited to 10 posts in forum B
  • unlimited posts elsewhere, and they do not count
  • posts in forum A don't count towards net postcount (which we set to 10) in forum B
  • or, net posts overall, for both forums, can be 10
  • or, you can allow to choose between the two options

Either way, can you edit this hook to do so? I can't really use this right now the way it is, it doesn't serve it's purpose... :aww:

I will not edit the application because that will be outside its scope. However I can code a new application for you to do the things that you want for a fee.

Hello!I need a hook to allow the following: particular topic, a particular posts
- Input for each user as it can create a day. Examples: 1 Topic 1 day, 1 Topic for 5 days, 2 Topic for 5 days, etc. (ie the choice of topics / number of days)
- Same as in the first version, but with posts
- Ability to specify a default value for all users
- Ability to specify a value - no limit

How much will a hook?

Hello!I need a hook to allow the following: particular topic, a particular posts
- Input for each user as it can create a day. Examples: 1 Topic 1 day, 1 Topic for 5 days, 2 Topic for 5 days, etc. (ie the choice of topics / number of days)
- Same as in the first version, but with posts
- Ability to specify a default value for all users
- Ability to specify a value - no limit

How much will a hook?

I sent you a pm.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I just bought the hook, but probably made a mistake.

From what I understood it works this way:

• set a global limit for daily posts and threads for a member group
  • configure which forums are EXCLUDED from that limit
  • members of that group can't post more than the global limit, neither posts nor threads

I'd like to set a forum like this:

• all user can post only one new thread per day in the forum
  • all users can reply any number of times to any of the threads in the forum

Is this possible using this hook?

• 6 years later...