Contact Form

-RAW-

Great application but where do I edit this text

Please use this form for contacting the administrators on the site.

Do NOT use this form for complaining about objectional content in posts, that's what the report button is for. If you already are a registered member on the board, then don't forget to inform us of what your username on the board is. If you are having login problems, then please state what email account you registered with as well.

Ah yes, thanks I missed that.

One other thing that is happening which I just can't work out. When the email is received and I hit reply, it is replying to the admins email address rather than the email address of the person who filled out the contact form. Why would that be?

Thanks again,

Clancy

Ok, I re-installed just to make sure I hadn't messed something up when I was creating / deleting emails and departments, but I am still having the same issue and am now wondering if it is indeed meant to be this way.

I have selected emails as my notification method, but when I receive an email and reply to it, it always replies to the admin email address not the person who sent the email. Is that the way it is supposed to work Adriano?

Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me?

Thanks again,

Clancy

I just downloaded this version here from IPS (2.0.1) and it's right. Maybe you're using 2.0.0 or the Brazilian Portuguese version.

Anyway, just edit the skin_contato -> formSent template. Find:

<li><a href='{$this->settings['base_url']}app=contato' title='{$this->lang->words['novo_formulario']}' accesskey='s'>{$this->lang->words['novo_formulario']}</a></li>[/CODE]

Change to:

[CODE] <li><a href='{$this->settings['base_url']}app=contactus' title='{$this->lang->words['novo_formulario']}' accesskey='s'>{$this->lang->words['novo_formulario']}</a></li>

I have it going to private message, but when someone fills it out, I then get 4 copies of the message in my inbox of the same contact us form. How do I set it up where it will only send one PM per form filled out?

I don't see how it can happen since the APP creates an array, which the user ID is unique, with the users who can receive the message!

I can't reproduce.

I have tested the contact us form by signing out of the forums and then running a test form. Right now I have the setting "Member groups to receive message" set so a couple of different staff groups get the message. As it is right now they are not getting the messages and I as the 1 id group get 4 copies of the contact us form. Do I have this set up incorrectly because I don't think I do, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I am completely lost. I was recommended this app by the Invision support team as I'd like guests to my forum to be able to contact the moderators in case of any problems registering. I've installed it and don't have a clue where to even begin, what "departmentas" are, or anything. Is there a beginners guide for non-tech-savvy people at all?

cheers

Didn't understand the "departmentas". Appears this way in the application? If so, it is a typo!

Departaments exists for you to better address the problems. You can create a REGISTRATION departament and choose a forum or a email address to receive that specific form. You can create another departament called say MEMBER ISSUE or something, to users already registered talk to you directly, again using a specific forum or email address.