Invision Community
-RAW-

Contact Form

Since the APP is used to submit the form to your staff, why guests needs to read in first place ? Plus, they can receive a copy of the content submitted, just by checking a field in the form.

They don't need to read it, that's the entire reason I suggested having the form redirect to the board index instead of try to load the topic the form created and get the unnecessary error. :frantics:

They don't need to read it, that's the entire reason I suggested having the form redirect to the board index instead of try to load the topic the form created.

What ?!? The APP doensn't redirect to the topic! It redirects to a screen with some information to the user:

%7Boption%7D

If you click BACK TO FORUM, you'll go to index.

Is it happening something different with you ?

What ?!? The APP doensn't redirect to the topic! It redirects to a screen with some information to the user:

[img]

[/img]

If you click BACK TO FORUM, you'll go to index.

Is it happening something different with you ?

On my installation, it's trying to load the topic after the guest submits the form. I thought that was the intended behavior, and that's why I was confused about why it would be designed to do that.

No, no, there's something wrong. The only redirectScreen used by this APP is exacly this one to redirect to the SENT FORM screen above:

$this->registry->class_localization->loadLanguageFile( array( 'public_contactus', 'contactus' ) );

$this->registry->output->redirectScreen( $this->lang->words['formulario_enviado'], $this->settings['base_url_with_app'] . "&module=contato&section=form&code=sent" );

Are you using 2.0.1 ? Since 2.0.0 it works in that manner. I never redirected to the topic.

So you never saw that screen above ? I suggest you to uninstall and remove the files from your FTP and upload 2.0.1 and reinstall.

On my installation, it's trying to load the topic after the guest submits the form. I thought that was the intended behavior, and that's why I was confused about why it would be designed to do that.

I suggest you to uninstall and remove the files from your FTP and upload 2.0.1 and reinstall.

So Jay, have you done it ?

Install, choose if you want to receive the form via PM, e-mail or topic (or ALL). Choose which user groups can use and which user groups will receive the PM. Create a departament to separate matters for your staff and tie a forum to it. Do the same with an email, if you want to receive e-mails.

Hi, Still no luck, it does not make sense to me, if I PM you my admin login, would you set one up for me to see how you did it. Every time I set it up I get that Fatal Error which does not make sense to me.

No, no, there's something wrong. The only redirectScreen used by this APP is exacly this one to redirect to the SENT FORM screen above:

$this->registry->class_localization->loadLanguageFile( array( 'public_contactus', 'contactus' ) );

$this->registry->output->redirectScreen( $this->lang->words['formulario_enviado'], $this->settings['base_url_with_app'] . "&module=contato&section=form&code=sent" );

Are you using 2.0.1 ? Since 2.0.0 it works in that manner. I never redirected to the topic.

Thanks, Adriano. Yes, that screenshot came from a 2.0.1 installation. Tried reinstall but no joy.

post-1789-0-43940300-1314665407_thumb.pn

Hi, Still no luck, it does not make sense to me, if I PM you my admin login, would you set one up for me to see how you did it. Every time I set it up I get that Fatal Error which does not make sense to me.

Obviously if you're getting Fatal Error means that something is wrong in your installation.

PM me with an admin account and I'll take a look tomorrow in the morning.

I don't why the templates for this APP wasn't created in its install.

Anyway, it's solved now! ;)

I inserted a member id that didn't exist.

That could be your problem.

What I did was made a "dumby account" (called, Contact Us) and even gave it a small avatar (same one I have here).

Made for a clean look and I think solved any problems.

Hey Jay, gone to your board and ACP... took a look around and everything was fine, settings, etc.

So went to a test and it works properly as it should:

:logik:

No idea how we're getting two distinctly different landing pages, because I just used it again and got the same error (new screenshot made)

post-1789-0-58843200-1314710762_thumb.pn

Form filled out as a Guest, no member groups have access to the form.

No idea how we're getting two distinctly different landing pages, because I just used it again and got the same error (new screenshot made)

Form filled out as a Guest, no member groups have access to the form.

No, no... submitted the form using the user details you sent me.I'll try as a guest.

Well, this going to be one of those funny issues! I can reproduce it in your install but I can't on my localhost and online test boards:

%7Boption%7D

:no:

Well, this going to be one of those funny issues! I can reproduce it in your install but I can't on my localhost and online test boards:

:no:

Hey, I'm just happy knowing that you're able to reproduce it on my board. I was starting to wonder wtf was wrong because you were showing it working and I couldn't! :lol: