I've Had It, I'm finished. 3.2 is awful. I hate it. No more!

rastaX

I've had it since final was released, but finally got it up and running and now I'm finished.

My opinion now is 3.2 is awfully good. I hate it when I'm wrong, but my initial feeling about the changes were not positive. No more! Now that I have launched a new community using 3.2 I'm pretty well sold on it.

Congrats IPB, you've managed to turn this stubborn old goat around............ %7Boption%7D

I've had it since final was released, but finally got it up and running and now I'm finished.

My opinion now is 3.2 is awfully good. I hate it when I'm wrong, but my initial feeling about the changes were not positive. No more! Now that I have launched a new community using 3.2 I'm pretty well sold on it.

Congrats IPB, you've managed to turn this stubborn old goat around............ %7Boption%7D

You got me going there for a minute with the title :D

I really do not like it. i am having a heck of a time getting stuff to work in it that I had working in 3.14. The language change area is so un-obvious, it is causing me issues since my board operates in 3 languages. I had extra menu items in the old version on the menu bar (the one with view new content in it) that I cannot for the life of me figure out how to insert in this version. I am considering rolling it back to 3.14.

Honestly, 3.2 is an absolutely brilliant move forward. They've managed to really push the envelope as far as forum software is concerned when it comes to trying to 'integrate' the feeling of community beyond a simple collection of people and posts. The system as a whole (comparing stock installs of 3.1.x to 3.2.x) is noticeably more efficient. And as for the stock theme, they've outdone themselves. Not simply in terms of cleanliness, but everything from the actual template files on up: it's leaner, and important for my job, it's a surprisingly sturdy foundation to build on for more intricate design work. Compared to the cesspool of vBulletin, and even 3.1, those benefits have made my life easier and opened the door for some awesome possibilities.

:)

I will say that I haven't upgraded my existing 3.1.4 board yet. That's really a different ball of wax.

But, I just started a completely new board with a good buddy and we are fortunate enough to have a good group of members already who were used to a pretty crummy setup. So we are all loving this software. My buddy has another board too and he is wanting to port over to IPB.

I tried to keep an open mind about the changes, although I will admit I was pretty upset about losing the notepad feature. :P I honestly think IPS did a good job of listening and adding back a few key things and would think they might even add back another or two. (avatar galleries, maybe? ) But really, to move forward, it is often necessary to leave some things behind. That was a little jarring to me at first. The nice thing about starting from scratch was it allowed me to feel this software out as it is, rather than upgrading and comparing it as it was.

This is a step forward. If you are moving from the old to new, you might want to take your time and gradually ease into it.

My hope is IP.Content will round out the package and set IPS firmly in the lead.

Just so no one thinks I've gone all fanboi here, still not real crazy about the skin. But it's good enough and don't usually use the default anyway. :)

Archived