Download: Days Registered to Post Links (Anti-Spam Measurement)

NenaDice

File Name: Days Registered to Post Links (Anti-Spam Measurement)
File Submitter: NenaDice
File Submitted: 15 Aug 2011
File Updated: 25 Mar 2012
File Category: Hooks and Plugins

This will give the admin the option to make it so only users who have been registered for a certain period of time can post links. By default it is set to 24 hours but you can increase the period of time to your needs/likings.This can be used to fight spam.

Install the LinkRestriction.xml file through Manage Hooks in your Admin Panel and then to configure it go to System Settings. There you will see a new setting called NenaDice. Click on it and configure the hook to your needs. There you can enable/disable the hook, set the period of time a user must be a registered member in order to post links, enter the error message and as last but not least you can choose which groups and forums can bypass the link restriction.

Compatible with 3.3.x as well.

Click here to download this file

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I worked around the issue I posted above by modifying the checks (there should be 3) in the hook to the following:

$linkpattern = '#(?i)\b((?:https?://|www\d{0,3}[.]|[a-z0-9.\-]+[.][a-z]{2,4}/)(?:[^\s()<>]+|\(([^\s()<>]+|(\([^\s()<>]+\)))*\))+(?:\(([^\s()<>]+|(\([^\s()<>]+\)))*\)|[^\s`!()\[\]{};:\'".,<>?«»“”‘’]))#i';

$linkmatches = array();

preg_match_all( $linkpattern, $this->request['Post'], $linkmatches );

foreach( $linkmatches[0] AS $match )

{

if( ! stristr( $match, '<<ENTER YOUR BOARD URL HERE, EG community.invisionpower.com>>' ) )

{

// leave the error generation from the original hook. Note these may be different in the different checks

}

}

• 4 months later...

Just wasted 7 bux trying days-registered-to-post-links-anti-spam-measurement.

Same issues it blocks this message... False positive:

"As soon as these wind turbines were turned on, my Dave and I took a walk on the bike path to check them out for ourselves. I have excellent hearing. We went and stood directly under them.There is a very low pitch hum that 99% of the population won't hear. The blades slicing through the air are also heard. This sound was not disruptive.

The higher hum of the big electric box next to the turbine is louder but can't be heard from a distance of 40-50 feet. A window air conditioner is louder. A plane passing overhead is louder. A running car, the lawnmower, a leaf blower all are much louder. I personally feel it is just a new noice to get used to. Our consensus is that we would not mind one in our backyard."

I found the problem here:

them.There is a very low pitch hum

added a space between the period "." and "There" so it looks like

them. There is a very low pitch hum

and that caused the issue.

Can this be fixed? Lots of users sometimes miss hitting the space bar and this should not mark their messages as having links.
  • 5 months later...

Just wasted 7 bux trying days-registered-to-post-links-anti-spam-measurement.

Same issues it blocks this message... False positive:

I found the problem here:

added a space between the period "." and "There" so it looks like

and that caused the issue.

Can this be fixed? Lots of users sometimes miss hitting the space bar and this should not mark their messages as having links.

Was this ever fixed?

Archived