(e32) Points Per Download

(e) Eric

• 1 month later...

For some reason when I set a download as costing 50points it completely ignores it and lets people download without paying the points :/

Any ideas? It shows it's 50point and everything but when I click on download it just goes straight to where to download.

EDIT: It seems the uploader of the download gained points from 3 of the downloads only. So it must have worked for 3 people but didn't for the rest

2nd EDIT: Right I think I've found the problem. It is letting me download the download and if I don't have enough it puts my points into negative (-) points.

3rd EDIT: Kind of another problem I've found. When trying to edit points, so I could get back to neutral and try downloading again, it just keeps giving me negative points every time I try to equal it out. And even with 1k negative points now, I can still download the priced download which I shouldn't be able to do.

Okay I've figured it out now, how do I set it so no one can have negative points? or that if you don't have enough points to purchase a download then it won't let you download. It currently lets anyone download as it just makes them have a minus amount of points instead of them having to gain the points.

Secondly, editing points doesn't work once you go into the minus points, it just keeps adding it to the minus instead of going positive. (if that makes any sense)

The first can be solved by changing the ibEconomy setting that prohibits posts if the user doesnt have enough points. It is in the Post For Points section of the ibEconomy settings.

For the second issue, where are you you editing points from? And what values and fields are you using? And what version of ibEconomy are you using?

It is in the Post For Points section of the ibEconomy settings.

I can't see this :S

For the second issue, where are you you editing points from? And what values and fields are you using? And what version of ibEconomy are you using?

I'm editing the points in the direct download page as I only want select downloads to cost points. The version is 2.0.4

It also seems to not charge me points sometimes even though I've set it to charge 50points :/

Look in ACP->ibEconomy->General Settings->Posting for Points->Disallow Post

Ahh didn't see General Settings under Front Page.

I've just updated to the latest version now.

I've got 50points, I price a download at 60points. I'm still able to download it, it isn't telling me I cant or taking any points away. The uploader also isn't getting anything even though the setting is on for that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You need to enable the Download disclaimer in each Download category. So ACP->Downloads->Categories->Edit Category, and then input some text in Download disclaimer.

Thanks a lot! I done it.

I have another question.
Can I integrated iBEconomy & IP.Nexus?
Or if users downloaded a file then they have link of that file in their profile and they can download it again without losing any point.
Thanks!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Will this work with ipboard 3.3.2 ipdownloads 2.5.1

many thanks

Hi,

One thing we have noticed is people can download files and they just go into negative points and are able to continue to download files.

In the points per download section we have

Points Per Download set to -2000

And we have it configured so members can set their own prices

Is there anything else that needs to be configured to disallow members from going into negative points?

I also notice that these downloads do not appear in economy transactions (not sure if they are supposed to or not)

Hi,

I think I found what I need to do.

I have enabled restrictions for the download section for group members and have set everything to 0 apart from allowing a max of 2 simultaneous downloads.

Would this be correct and anything else I need to do?

If not, its just confirmation on our other point ref the economy transactions.

Many thanks

There is a general ibEconomy setting that restricts users from going negative, so you should enable that if you want to stop users from downloading unless they have enough points.

No, there are no logs recorded for downloading with points, just the normal logs that Downloads itself has. :)

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like there is a typo in the source code in the download here. I'll updated a fixed version this weekend. It only pertains to that settings page, the actual permissions should still work.

If you want to fix it sooner, replace ibEco_plugin_ppb_access with ibEco_plugin_ppd_access (ppd instead of ppb).

• 4 months later...

Hi Eric. I've downloaded the latest version and uploaded it to my site and when I try to add a price when I'm uploading a file I get a database error.

Latest SQL Error Today

(Today, 05:57 PM)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 10:57:01 +0000 Error: 1054 - Unknown column 'ibEco_ppd_add' in 'field list' IP Address: 58.11.77.159 - /forum/index.php? ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- mySQL query error: SELECT ibEco_ppd_add AS pts FROM downloads_categories WHERE cid=1 .--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------. | File | Function | Line No. | |----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------| | admin/sources/base/core.php | [ibEconomyDLsAddDownload].handleData | 1253 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------' | admin/applications_addon/ips/downloads/modules_public/post/submit.php | [IPSLib].doDataHooks | 1324 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------' | admin/applications_addon/ips/downloads/modules_public/post/submit.php | [public_downloads_post_submit]._mainSave | 138 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------' | admin/sources/base/ipsController.php | [public_downloads_post_submit].doExecute | 306 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-----------------------------------------------

And then when turn it off, upload a file and then enable it and change the cost of it, I get this error:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 11:14:03 +0000 Error: 1054 - Unknown column 'file_ibEco_ppd_price' in 'field list' IP Address: 58.11.77.159 - /forum/index.php? ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- mySQL query error: UPDATE downloads_files SET file_name='Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency by Douglas Adams',file_name_furl='dirk-gentlys-holistic-detective-agency-by-douglas-adams',file_desc='There is a long tradition of Great Detectives, and Dirk Gently does not belong to it. But his search for a missing cat uncovers a ghost, a time traveler, AND the devastating secret of humankind! Detective Gently's bill for saving the human race from extinction: NO CHARGE.',file_cat=1,file_open=1,file_ipaddress='58.11.77.159',file_updated=1353323643,file_new=0,file_post_key='c9f262da6c35e7dea782958a69a6c914',file_cost=0,file_nexus='',file_version='',file_changelog='',file_size=751771,file_ibEco_ppd_price=450 WHERE file_id=1 .--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------. | File | Function | Line No. | |----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------| | admin/applications_addon/ips/downloads/modules_public/post/submit.php | [db_main_mysql].update | 1337 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------' | admin/applications_addon/ips/downloads/modules_public/post/submit.php | [public_downloads_post_submit]._mainSave | 142 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------' | admin/sources/base/ipsController.php | [public_downloads_post_submit].doExecute | 306 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-----------------------------------------------

Any help you can give me with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks