%7Boption%7D

File Name: Miserable Ip Addresses

File Submitter: NenaDice

File Submitted: 13 Aug 2011

File Category: Utilities

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.4.x

This is a follow up of my previous hook,Miserable Users:

Miserable Users

but instead of frustrating the annoying users it will give you the possibility to frustrate all the annoying ip addresses that you do not want to browse your forum, such as known spammer ips, proxie ips, countries, or whatever ip and/or ip range that you would like to. You can enter full ip address/es and/or a range of IP addresses as well.

You can have fun with the miserable ips with the following things:

1) Random Blank Pages!

You can show blank page to the miserable ips at a random percantage.

2) Random 404 Error Messages!

You can show a 404 error message at a random percantage to the miserable ips.

3) Minimum Loading Delay Speed!

4) Maximum Loading Delay Speed!
You can make it so that they (the miserable ips) will experience an extremely slow page load at your forum.

5) Random Redirections!

You can redirect them randomly to whatever url/page that you would like to have some fun.

6) Disable registration.

You have also an option to prevent miserable IP addresses from registering at your forum. All visitors browsing from miserable IP addresses will not be able to register new accounts. They will get the registration disabled error message.

Installation and Configuration:

To install this application, upload the admin folder inside the Upload folder to the root of your forum folder. Then go to your Admin Panel->Applications & Modules->Manage Applications & Modules and on the right side where it says: Applications Not Installed you will see a new application added called: Miserable Ip Addresses. Click on the install button.

To configure it go to the other Apps tab then from the drop down list choose Miserable Ip Addresses->Settings and set the values to your likings.

here to download this file

• 1 month later...

Will this work also on already registered user or do I need to go with Miserable Users in that case (I´m aware that MU has more functions)?

This will affect all the ip address/addresses that you will enter, be that/those of already registered user/s or not registered. But if you want to enforce the restrictions on registered users only then I think the Miserable Users hook will be a better choice in that case.

• 2 weeks later...

My settings are that all affected IP-adresses shall be redirected to an external website 100% of the times. I´ve tested it on my own IP-adress and it works just fine.

The strange thing is though when i set it to a range of SPAMBOTS IP: (tried writing both "192.168.1.1-192.168.1.254" aswell as "192.168.1.*" .. and yes. the ip-adress is just an example) but i still see these ip-ranges in my list over current users online. Shouldn´t they be redirected and not registered as "Viewing Community Index"?

My settings are that all affected IP-adresses shall be redirected to an external website 100% of the times. I´ve tested it on my own IP-adress and it works just fine.

The strange thing is though when i set it to a range of SPAMBOTS IP: (tried writing both "192.168.1.1-192.168.1.254" aswell as "192.168.1.*" .. and yes. the ip-adress is just an example) but i still see these ip-ranges in my list over current users online. Shouldn´t they be redirected and not registered as "Viewing Community Index"?

Yes, they should and they are. But the thing is that they first get to your forum and then they get redirected immediately. That is why they are seeing at the online lsit as they are logged in at the session table. But they are viewing whatever page you redirected them and not your forum.

Ok, if i give them a 100% 404-page will the result be the same?

Btw, which is the correct way of setting a whole range, 192.168.1.1-192.168.1.254 or 192.168.1.*

Yes, it will be the same. And that goes for all the other settings.

To enter a whole range use the former. i.e.: 192.168.

To enter more ranges, separate them with commas.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I have an IP address that is giving me fits so I purchased and installed this mod. It hasn't really had much of an impact however today I realized that I have this IP range alread BANNED. My question is, does the fact that it hits the site with a banned IP mean that it is not allowed access (shows up as error 2000 in the error logs) and never really gets a chance to hit this Mod? Should I disable the banning to let them hit this Mod?

Hi,

I have just bought it. I have 3.4.6

I have home page the portal.
When I run my page, you will be automatically directed to my main portal page.

Unfortunately, the hook then does not work. Can I change something there please?

​It is compatible with the forum only. What portal mod are you using btw?

Indeed. The banned ip(s) will hit a block immediately after loading your forum. To make use of my mod, you can un ban that ip address. You will have more fun by frustrating them rather than an outright ban.

Archived