Bump Up Topics

teraßyte

Bump Up Topics

This mod adds a button to bump a topic, useful to avoid useless replies with something like "bump".

Features

• Coded as hook, disable it to disable the whole modification
  • Each group has their own options:
    • Enable/disable bump option
    • Selectable in which forums can bump topics
    • Bump only topics where they are the topic starter or all
    • Limit the nuber of bumps per day
    • Set a waiting time after the last bump
    • Set a waiting time after the last topic post
  • Secondary group permissions are properly checked
  • Bump button is always hidden for guests and search engines
  • Javascript timer in the disabled button to show how much time the members must wait
  • The topic is already marked as read for the member that bumps it but not for the others!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/11/2011
  • Category
  • Discussion URL
    http://community.invisionbyte.net/topic/6219-bump-up-topics/
  • Support Info
  • Supported Versions

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How should it work? [img]

[/img]

Restore the last post time instead of the bump time when the option is used?

I like that addition as well: when topics are getting headed, instead of closing them, you could also debump them: make last post date one day older. This causes the topic to move to another page on the forum index. Fantastic tool.

But as the hook is right now: very good also. Thanks a lot for making it and sharing it with us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Ops, not sure why but I wasn't following this topic anymore and I saw only now all those replies. I'll reply to those still awaiting one since the others have solved themselves.

Likewise.... I installed, but when activated, I get lots of error messages at the top of the forum about missing headers etc. When I disable the hook, in, all is well again.

Kind regards,

Stuart

Are you still getting those errors if you install the hook? If so could you please post them here so that I can take a look?

any chance of getting this to work for the mobile skin?

I'll consider this for the next update.

I just installed your modification/plugin for Bump Up Topics.

Currently though if you bump 1 topic, you can't bump any others... They're all using the same timer. Is there any way to fix that? I want the bump timer to only affect the 1 thread you bump, so people can bump multiples at the same time.

I just installed your modification/plugin for Bump Up Topics.

Currently though if you bump 1 topic, you can't bump any others... They're all using the same timer. Is there any way to fix that? I want the bump timer to only affect the 1 thread you bump, so people can bump multiples at the same time.

For this to happen you need to setup only the "Last post limit" group option and leave the other option "Last bump limit" empty, in this way only the last bump made to each topic will count.

• 1 month later...

Archived