File name: (IF) Advert Inside First Posts
Submitter: Pete T
Submitted: 08/11/2011
Category: Commerce
Demo :
Discussion URL :
Supported Versions: 0
Support Info : Support topic only.

With this mod you can add adverts in inline format into first post in each topic. If topic has more paragraphs than one then add will be under first, if only one - under the whole post.

View File

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I may make a suggestion...

Placing ads inside a member's post may feel invasive to that member. It might be a better idea to insert the ad underneath the signature so it is not confused as a part of that member's post content, or perhaps place a border around the ad with "Advertisement" above it in a small font if you want to keep it inside the post.

I seriously don't understand how something soooo simple is being charged $10 for. I just don't see how...I can see this costing $1, though I think it ought to be free. In fact, I think I'll post the various codes on how to do this for free, make it so it only shows for guests, make it so a different ad shows for members, etc. I'm sorry...$10....wow.........

Hello,

I seriously don't understand how something soooo simple is being charged $10 for. I just don't see how...I can see this costing $1, though I think it ought to be free. In fact, I think I'll post the various codes on how to do this for free, make it so it only shows for guests, make it so a different ad shows for members, etc. I'm sorry...$10....wow.........

Thank you for you suggestions.. This is nice for a future releases. I'll concider them.

Please mention: this is first release.. I can (!) add more features - just tell me what.. :)

DawPi,

Would it be difficult to modify this modification so the administrator would have the option to have the ad included:

1. In the first post, only, of a given topic.
2. In every first, second, third, fourth, etc., posts in a given topic.
3. Or, in say, by default, every other post in a given topic.

I am curious if that would be an option. My idea is not for banner ads, but for text ads to be shown.

By the way, I would be very happy to pay you for these options, OR a custom mod.

Goods ideas PWP,
i am wondering if you can set the position of the ads to be random, one after the 1st paragraph, another at the end, its usefull especialy for text ads as said PWP !

please check the file, its a vbulletin hack made by Digitalpoint forum, the algorithm should be usefull !

About

This allows you to insert an ad into a random location within the post currently being viewed and/or insert an ad after the currently viewed post.

I made this a couple years ago for internal use and decided to release it because a few people have been requesting it.

Installation

• Install the product-dp_positionads.xml product under AdminCP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Add/Import Product
  • Go to AdminCP -> Settings -> Options -> Digital Point Position Ads for all your settings/options.

Notes

• You can control which usergroups see ads.
  • You can control which forums the ads are inserted for.
  • This addon works just fine with vBulletin 3 as well as vBulletin 4.
  • The ads are inserted relative to the currently viewed post, not necessarily the first/last, etc. post in a thread.
  • Requires no template edits.
  • Our ad revenue more than doubled when we implemented this (and we opted to only use it for non-registered members).

product-dp_positionads.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Like these options, below?

I just purchased it, by the way.

DawPi,

Would it be difficult to modify this modification so the administrator would have the option to have the ad included:

1. In the first post, only, of a given topic.

2. In every first, second, third, fourth, etc., posts in a given topic.

3. Or, in say, by default, every other post in a given topic.

I am curious if that would be an option. My idea is not for banner ads, but for text ads to be shown.

By the way, I would be very happy to pay you for these options, OR a custom mod.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived